Page 40 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 2: the book addict rejoins the world

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    J's work pattern means he's off both weekends before Christmas but not a huge amount after Christmas
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Quote Originally Posted by Jaquaia View Post
    J's work pattern means he's off both weekends before Christmas but not a huge amount after Christmas
    Sorry, I don’t get the significance. Surely it’d be better to meet them when he’s got more time off work, not less?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Well he said before they go back to school but the bulk of his time off is before Christmas so it's more likely to be then. Sorry, I wasn't clear. A bit too absorbed in my book!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Paula (30-11-19)

Mira
    I was just wondering if its going to be something that will be planned. Or if its going to be a spur of the moment?

I'm glad it's going to be sooner rather than later...

What's on your agenda for today?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Well what I've suggested is me meeting them for lunch before Christmas and having a day out with them after Christmas. I've even suggested that Thomas choose somewhere so he feels more in control and said about getting them to choose somewhere for a day out and get them to show me around. I've pointed out that they need to see me regularly to get used to me and that I have never wanted to start staying over straight away, not even for the first 2/3 months dependent on the children, I just wanted a time frame to feel less like my life depended on others decisions.

Today will be mainly studying, though apparently my sister is popping down. Wonder if I get an apology for not getting a birthday card...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Suzi (01-12-19)

That’s sounds like an excellent plan with the kids.

Not even a birthday card???
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Nope! Got a message a couple of days before my birthday apologising that they couldn't afford me a present as her bf was getting made redundant and they've had his niece and her son living with them who couldn't contribute as there were issues getting her benefits sorted. I told her it wouldn't be an issue as long as I get a card. Apparently she was sending it with my brother the day after my birthday (extremely rare that I get a card/present in time for my birthday from him either, it's always late...). She's also seen our parents twice since too. Other then a brief happy birthday message I've heard nothing. Just tells me how little she thinks of me...

I’m sorry, love

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (01-12-19)

I'm used to it