Page 35 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 2: the book addict rejoins the world

Mira
    Good idea. Today turned out to be an eventfull day.

Mira
    How are you today? Did you hear anything about it went?

Hey, lovely. You’re quiet .....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Driving lesson, J popped to see me for an hour and was here waiting when Bob dropped me back. Half hour phone call with OU student support so they could check how I'm doing with full time study. Currently stuffing my face with a chocolate orange to get me through this essay!!!

PS... I did a turn in the road!!!
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

That all sounds so positive!

Can I ask a question? I know J has told T - how old are the kids? (Sorry can't remember anything today) and what about telling his little princess?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

T is 10 on Christmas Day and A is 5 in February. He told T in front of A but she was in a world of her own playing on the tablets in McDonald's. He thinks it will be easier just introducing her to me.

It turns out they've already met her bloke, and a few times by the sounds of things and she's trying to sort out them meeting his daughter. She hasn't said anything about it and strangely enough, kicked right off at him last night about having a new kitchen fitted, threatened him with going for full custody if he moves. Part of me thinks it won't last as she's too obsessed with what J is up to for someone who is supposed to be moving on.

T isn't keen on him having a daughter. He seemed quite impressed by the fact we met at uni and asked if I had children. J said he told him that he thinks he prefers it that I don't have children and then asked if I like trains! . J told him I didn't have the same interest but he liked that I like the railway museum and going on trains and told him that I took him on the NYMR when he went last month. Apparently me liking books is a bonus too!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

OldMike (29-11-19)

Those kids are in for a brilliant surprise when you meet them. They are smart enough to ask all the important questions and it won't be long before you are train spotting and reading books together.
    As for Cruella I wouldn't worry about her in the least. It will be you putting the Christmas tree up in that sitting room, it will be you pulling the crackers around that table and you will have loads and loads and loads of nights snuggled up in front of that fire.
    Her days are over, and you should feel smug that you love J and she doesn't know what she's missing.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (28-11-19),Suzi (28-11-19)

She's let an amazing, kind, caring man go and her loss is my gain. And we're building a beautiful home together, ready for when I move in. My past means I truly appreciate how wonderful he is, even if he can be hard work at times.

I'm already thinking of books I can introduce Thomas to! I love the fact that he's made sure they're both readers.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

OldMike (29-11-19)

I've said it all along, those children are going to be the luckiest children in the world having you in their lives. You are kind, compassionate, caring, intelligent, wonderful, funny and adoring. You are fantastic!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (28-11-19)

You brought tears to my eyes with that. I don't see myself as anything special, I never have. I'm scared that they'll hate me. I'm scared that when she finds out they know about me she will try and turn them against me and I hate being scared all the time. I hate not knowing.

It did amuse me that James put his dad on the spot last night. He said the look on his face when he walked in and J said to Thomas "Grandpa likes Kerry! You can ask him"

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

OldMike (29-11-19)