Page 135 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1445

Thread: Chapter 2: the book addict rejoins the world

That's brilliant! Well done lovely!

How's the half term going? Have you and J got the little people all week?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (20-02-20)

Mira
    Well I am, sure it will be fine. And stories with A is awesome

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (20-02-20)

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    That's brilliant! Well done lovely!

How's the half term going? Have you and J got the little people all week?
    They go back there tonight. Today has been stressful. T and J's dad went behind J's back and arranged for him to go to his friends house when they'd been told at the beginning of the week that we were going into Hull for lunch and a museum. T has sulked most of the afternoon, J's dad didn't like being told that we'd arranged today at the weekend, all he kept saying was that plans change and we had to learn to change plans too so I said to J in front of his dad that in future, he arranges things with T's friends mum so this doesn't happen again. We can't let a 10 year old dictate things and his dad just completely undermined J by not even consulting him. The compromise was he could go until 12 but J's dad tried to argue that down too. I just think that J should be consulted about anything like that, he's their parent after all!

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    Well I am, sure it will be fine. And stories with A is awesome
    Just hard work when I'm trying to meet a deadline!
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Why would his dad think he had the right to arrange that without talking to J?

Still, I know it was stressful, but families are stressful particularly when grandparents are concerned - I refer you to my MIL
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

God knows!!! His dad didn't like being told he was in the wrong and argued back in front of T which wouldn't have helped, but I think we got him to see what he did wrong when we were at the museum. His parents even made a fuss over me having some bedding there. Apparently his mum was upset that we changed the bedding she bought him for a set of my bedding as it made her feel like what she bought was surplus. J wanted to do something nice for me and wanted me to feel more at home there and thought that this would help and they managed to spoil that and make me feel like I wasn't allowed a say

How bizarre! They were all for you and him!
    And in the category of pita grandparents I refer you to my MIL who still has to speak to Marc several times a day, keeps telling him that he'd be better off living back with her, tell my kids that they should move in, complains about everything!!!!

I hope you've had a lovely time today though...

My parents have no idea what bedding we have, never mind the in laws! That’s got nothing to do with them
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

His mum is still doing his washing while the kitchen is finished, which is the only reason she knows about the bedding. They bought replacement bedding just before Cruella left.

Today has been lovely though. I introduced A and J to Hercules then we took them to the place we use for pizza in the market and I've not been to that museum since I was a little older than A!

How long before the kitchen gets finished?
    Sounds like a truly lovely day hunni x

It needs flooring and a tiling now but cost is an issue. His parents insisted on getting it done before Christmas and paying for it but haven't really thought it through properly.

Oh and she's kicked off at him about my fb post. Claims he'd lied and said he told her I wasn't moving in and how she was tempted to reply saying I would never replace her as their mother so now feeling bad about that.