Page 27 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 2: the book addict rejoins the world

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Turns out the kitchen is being started on Thursday, except J says his parents didn't confirm that with him and I only found out yesterday afternoon. He's on 12 hour day shifts, his last one is tomorrow, so guess what I've ended up having to do?

So far come across 2 save the date magnets, their wedding cake knife and cake slice, a wedding present and a wedding present to her from her mum. It's been fun....
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Can you not think about what it represents, and just think of it as crap that needs to be got rid of?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Bit hard when I'm home alone and it's not my stuff to make that decision about. He's mentioned before whether he's unsure if he should keep it for the children

Mira
    I can see why thats hard. And maybe not an ideal thing to be doing by yourself? Maybe together. I know he does not have a lot of time. But still.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaquaia View Post
    Bit hard when I'm home alone and it's not my stuff to make that decision about. He's mentioned before whether he's unsure if he should keep it for the children
    I kept my wedding and engagement rings, and the wedding photo album for Katie and gave them to her when she was old enough. So I can understand why he’d want to store some bits - but not that much
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Cats are gorgeous aren't they, especially black ones
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    I kept my wedding and engagement rings, and the wedding photo album for Katie and gave them to her when she was old enough. So I can understand why he’d want to store some bits - but not that much
    I've since found a photo album she gave him early on for Valentine's hidden in the pan cupboard... my day gets better.

Quote Originally Posted by OldMike View Post
    Cats are gorgeous aren't they, especially black ones
    He is lovely, a little twat but lovely

Hunni, I really think that this isn't your responsibility - surely he should be doing this. I know he's working, but maybe, just maybe he needs to either not go into work or actually stay up late and sort it. He appears to not be dealing with any of moving her stuff out unless you are prompting him or doing it for him..... The same as him not telling that children about you... You're a much more patient person than I am. I couldn't live like that....

I worry that you're not valuing yourself as important enough to be put first and counted.....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Paula (19-11-19)

How are you doing, gorgeous?

Much better today. Just got back from the hospital. I mentioned the stiffness though my bloods are the best they've ever been apparently so the RA seems to be under control. She ordered x-rays of my wrists and ankles, so had those done this morning, and she's sending me for ultrasounds too just to check, but she's going to look at reducing my meds if everything comes back ok. Oh, and apparently I'm hypermobile too! First I've ever heard of it! Then his mum and dad took me for lunch. They've given me my birthday present, 2 books signed to me from the authors!!!

I got an email today telling me I've passed my level 1 oh and I'm another 4kg (almost 9lbs) down!!!