Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Suzi & Mike's Daily Video Challenge.

That's a perfect way to make me feel old Jaq!

Mike - Harris, Parton, Ronstadt on Late Show, March 24, 1999 (full, stereo) - After the Gold Rush from the Trio II album: Awesome.

Harris, Parton and Ronstadt > Dolly Parton > Dolly: I will always love you > Whitney Houston: I will always love you > Whitney Houston: I wanna dance with somebody > Dance > David Bowie: Magic Dance (from the awesome film the Labyrinth) > David Bowie: Heroes > Enrique Iglesias: Hero

Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Sorry, but I figured it was a nice link to go back to someone who I have seen perform! As good as the recording is, he is much better live!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cbeast For This Useful Post:

Suzi (10-11-19)

Hero - Enrique Iglesias > He is a Spanish-Filipino singer > Spain is in Europe > As is Armenia > Serj Tankian is an Armenian-American singer for the band System of a Down > They did a song called Chop Suey! which is a Chinese dish > Kung Po is also a Chinese dish > Po is the name of the lead role in Kung Fu Panda > The scene in the film in which Po enters the Palace is based on the real-world experience of the directors (Mark Osborne and John Stevenson) walking around the location where all of the Star Wars props are kept by George Lucas > George Lucas films > John Williams' compositions > Music from Hook > Robin Williams > Robots (2005 film) > Halle Berry is also in that film > She played the lead in the film Catwoman > She is a Batman character > Batman & Robin > Arnold Schwarzenegger played Mr. Freeze > He was also in the Terminator films > You Could Be Mine - Guns 'n' Roses

Ben

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cbeast For This Useful Post:

OldMike (11-11-19)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaquaia View Post
    Uptown Girl was number 1 the day I was born!!!
    Billy Joel is my generation (maybe there's a song in there who'd have thought it) he's in his 70's (only just)

Suzi when I saw Enrique Iglesias I immediately thought of his father Julio and cringed at the thought of another Julio clone but he's is his own man and I loved the song.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Suzi (10-11-19)

Glad you liked it Mike!
    Good linking Ben

Guns 'n' Roses: You could be mine > In that video Axl is wearing white shorts > White shorts and rollerblading featured heavily in tampax adverts in the 90's > As did Bon Jovi: It's my life > Bon Jovi: Living on a Prayer > Aretha Franklin: I say a little Prayer > Aretha Franklin: RESPECT > Songs which have words spelled out in them > Dolly Parton: DIVORCE > Dolly Parton: I will always love you > Whitney Houston: I will always love you > Love songs > Axis of Awesome: How to write a love song

Wow those shorts that Axl wears are way too much and very distracting I notice that Suzi was drawn to those shorts as well

Nice links and tune Ben.

Axis of Awesome - How to write a Love Song >> The Earth rotates on its axis, the Earth travels round the Sun, the Moon travels round the Earth, if things are right when the Moon is between the Earth and the Sun we have a total eclipse.

Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse of the Heart
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

11. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Suzi (11-11-19)

An epic classic Mike!

Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse of the Heart > Eclipse can be solar or lunar > Lunar eclipse is about the moon > Dark Side of the Moon is a Pink Floyd album > Dark side - Tim Minchin

Sorry its a short one, but Tim Minchin overrides anything I could have linked to.

Ben

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cbeast For This Useful Post:

OldMike (15-11-19),Suzi (15-11-19)

I'm doing a really simple link tonight because this is my favourite Christmas song....

Tim Minchin: Dark Side > Tim Minchin: White wine in the sun

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

OldMike (15-11-19)