Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Suzi & Mike's Daily Video Challenge.

Sister Act 2 : Get up offa that thing > mash up Sister Act 2 : Dancing in the street > Martha and the Vandellas : Dancing in the street (written by Marvin Gaye) > Marvin Gaye : It Takes Two > It Takes Two: spin off from Strictly Come Dancing > Strictly Come Dancing’s Judge Bruno Tonioli: Can’t Take My Eyes off You (in honour of the final this weekend)

https://youtu.be/7_akAFp4GlA

BTW I’m not saying this is a great version of the song, mind you
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Suzi (13-12-19)

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Sister Act 2 : Get up offa that thing > mash up Sister Act 2 : Dancing in the street > Martha and the Vandellas : Dancing in the street (written by Marvin Gaye) > Marvin Gaye : It Takes Two > It Takes Two: spin off from Strictly Come Dancing > Strictly Come Dancing’s Judge Bruno Tonioli: Can’t Take My Eyes off You (in honour of the final this weekend)

https://youtu.be/7_akAFp4GlA

BTW I’m not saying this is a great version of the song, mind you
    Ooh my poor ears Paula where did you drag that up from and who is Bruno Tonioli, I presume he's a dancer who thought he could sing well NOOOOO you can't.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Lol he’s a judge on Strictly Come Dancing and they allowed him to do this a few weeks ago. Interesting, isnt it
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I thought it was fabulously Bruno!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Not done this challenge for a while so here I go.

Bruno Tonioli: Can’t Take My Eyes off You (different) >> Frank Bruno was a boxer >> The Boxer - Simon & Garfunkle it's a classic so I'll make that my final destination.

These lines always resonate with me:

Still, a man hears what he wants to hear
    And disregards the rest

7. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Paula (14-12-19)

Simon & Garfunkel: The boxer > S&G: The sound of silence > Disturbed: The Sound of silence > Disturbed: A Reason to Fight (Leaving it there as it's an amazing song)

Disturbed: A Reason to Fight >> David Draiman >> David and Goliath (from the bible) >> The goliath beetle (which is huge) >> The Beatles - Ticket to Ride >> You probably would need a ticket if you went on a train journey (unless it was a freebee (spelling) ) >> City of New Orleans a song about trains.

City of New Orleans, Arlo Guthrie

Arlo Guthrie: City of New Orleans (nice, proper trad country)> New Orleans > Home of traditional Jazz > Professor Longhair was a trad jazz pianist and singer > Artists with Professor in their name > Professor Green is an English rapper > He collaborated with Rag 'n' bone man on a track called Photographs > Rag 'n' Bone man: Human (I know it's been shared before, but it's epic)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

OldMike (16-12-19)

Rag 'n' Bone man: Human > The Killers - Humans > The Killers- When You Were Young > "He doesn't look a thing like Jesus" > Jesus Christ Superstar > Alice Cooper played King Herod > Alice Cooper > The Hollywood Vampires > Johnny Depp is a guitarist and vocalist for the group > He was in Sweeney Todd > As was Helena Bonham Carter > Who was also in the Harry Potter series of films > David Tennant was too > He played the 10th Doctor on the series Doctor Who > One of his companions was played by Billie Piper > Piper > ABBA - The Piper > ABBA > A Scandinavian band > A-Ha! (another Scandinavian band) > A-Ha! - Take On Me (acoustic)

Ben

Ben, thank you so much for that!