Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Suzi & Mike's Daily Video Challenge.

Nice linkage Paula!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Otis Redding (Sitting on the) Dock of the Bay > Docks are where ships a kept > Ships > Blacktop Mojo - Burn the Ships > Blacktop Mojo - Shadows on the Wall > Plato's Cave analogy (the song may as well be about it) > Plato was Greek > Achilles was an ancient Greek God > Alter Bridge - Cry of Achilles

Ben

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cbeast For This Useful Post:

OldMike (04-12-19)

Alter Bridge - Cry of Achilles >> Bridge is a card game (how did I know that!), playing cards have 4 suits one of which spades, now a spade can be used to dig a hole if you dig a hole deep enough you may get coal (providing you dig in the right place) >> Coal burns and can be used to create steam from a coal fired boiler, the steam can power a turbine which drives an alternator which generates alternating current (AC) if you rectify AC you get direct current (DC) so let's have something by AC/DC.

The Heimatdamisch: Highway to Hell (AC/DC cover)
    I love these guys that girl rox
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

The Heimatdamisch: Highway to Hell > Steve 'n' Seagulls: Highway to Hell > Steve 'n' Seagulls: Thunderstruck > The bad piper: Thunderstruck

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

OldMike (07-12-19)

The bad piper: Thunderstruck > Pipers > The Pied Piper > Megadeth - Symphony of Destruction (*in Dave Mustaine's raspy voice* "Just like the Pied Piper, led rats through the streets...") > Dave Mustaine was a member of Metallica until he was thrown out > Metallica > Lars Ulrich was knighted by the Royal Family of his native Denmark > Knighted musicians > Sir Christopher Lee's heavy metal solo albums > (There is no artist name so I'm going with) Bob - The Portent

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...X7Yycb2PIDeDfI

Ok, maybe I'll just stick with Sir Christopher Lee - The Portent, not sure.

Ben

Hang on, what have I done [as said by Sir Ian McKellen in X-Men The Last Stand]?

Let me try and fix that one!

Last edited by Suzi; 07-12-19 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Merging posts, please try not to double post! :)

Sorry, I didn't realise that that would be a bad link.

Pfft, it's ok love, I fixed it for you

Sir Christopher Lee: The Portent > Sir Christopher Lee played The First High Councilor in The Golden Compass > The Golden Compass was the film of "His Dark Materials" by Philip Pullman (and wasn't accurate to the book at all!) > The same book series had been remade and has been being shown on BBC 1 on Sunday nights (and is brilliant and accurate) > The amazing Lin Manuel Miranda stars in the same series > He's an amazing singer/songwriter/wrote things like Hamilton, the music for Moana etc.... So I share this Lin Manuel Miranda and Ben Platt: Tonight/You will be found (one song from Hamilton, one from "Dear Evan Hansen")

Ok, as no-one else has had this one, I shall steal it...

Lin Manuel Miranda and Ben Platt: Tonight/You will be found > Ben Minal is the drummer to the band of awesomeness that is Dorje > Dorje - Catalyst > Linkin Park - Catalyst > Linkin Park - One Step Closer > This song is an argument > Musical arguments > Disturbed - Just Stop (not forced at all because it's been in my head all day, to the point I've put some of the lyrics in chats...)

Disturbed - Just Stop

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cbeast For This Useful Post:

Paula (12-12-19),Suzi (12-12-19)

Ok, absolutely no tenuosity but I make no apologies cos this gives me goosebumps (what a set of pipes!)

Disturbed - Just Stop > Sam Brown - Stop

https://youtu.be/muDZD3wgoHI
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Suzi (12-12-19)

Sam Brown: Stop > James Brown: Get up offa that thing > Sister Act 2: Get up offa that thing
    (simple, easy links, but always makes me smile!)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Paula (12-12-19)