Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Suzi & Mike's Daily Video Challenge.

Oooo I love that song!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I aim to please
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Firstly, Google? Secondly:

James Blunt - You're Beautiful > James Blunt > Blunt > antonym of sharp > Sharpe books > They were set during (I think) the Crimean War > Horrible Histories song about Florence Nightingale > Florence is a town/city in the N
    Tuscany region of Northern Italy > Leonardo da Vinci was a famous everything from this region > CBBC TV show Leonardo is based around a dramatised version of his early life > the trailers featured the song by Blur (Song 2) > since or all of the members of Blur went on to form The Gorillaz > Their most famous song is probably Feel Good Inc. > This was covered by Frog Leap Studios (it's the one with the bunny suit) > He also covered Adele's Rolling In the Deep > Adele > Skyfall > Other Bond Songs > Sam Smith: Writing's On the Wall > Stay With Me > There was a legal dispute about this song and Tom Petty's song I Won't Back Down > This was covered by Johnny Cash.

Johnny Cash: I Won't Back Down

Ben
    Last edited by Suzi; 16-01-20 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Changing "Room Petty" to "Tom Petty" Although, Room Petty is an awesome stage name.... Much lolling

Johnny Cash: I Won't Back Down >> June Carter was his second wife >> June is a month as is May >> Mae West an actress from way back when >> Westlife an Irish pop group >> The O'Reillys and the Paddyhats - Barrels of Whiskey

The O'Reillys and the Paddyhats - Barrels of Whiskey [Official Video]
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Ok, as no one else has done this, I'll call it my turn...

The O'Reillys and the Paddyhats - Barrels of Whiskey [Official Video]

Whiskey > Whiskey In the Jar - Thin Lizzy > The Boys Are Back In Town > Thin Lizzy > The song mentions a Johnny > Jackknife Johnny - Alice Cooper (from his gates album (From the Inside) anyway, I digress) > Alice Cooper famously changed his name from Vincent Damon Fernier to Alice Cooper. This was also the name of the last woman burnt alive for witchcraft in England > Witchcraft be magic! > A story that follows magic, the persecution of mages and monsters is that of The Witcher > This was asked into a TV show by Netflix > In this adaptation, the bard is played by Joey Batey > Here is him at his most haunting...

Ben

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cbeast For This Useful Post:

OldMike (10-02-20)

Elsa's song > Elsa is a character from Frozen (I and II) > "Into the unknown" is the theme song from Frozen II sung by Idina Menzel > Also covered by Panic at the Disco > Panic at the Disco: High hopes > Songs involving a white piano being played > Tori Amos: Winter

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

OldMike (10-02-20)

Tori Amos: Winter >> Features a white piano (sounds familiar now pianos have black and white keys or is that ebony and ivory in old money (FYI. black keys were traditionally made of ebony, and the white keys were covered with strips of ivory) >> Ivory comes from elephants and thankfully ivory from animal sources is banned these days. >> The elephant is one of the movements from Saint-Saens Carnival of the Animals another movement is The Swan and we all know the story of the Ugly duckling who turned in to a swan and I make no apology for the Duck Song by Bryant Oden ;0

PS Nice Tori Amos tune Suzi and the white piano link was ace

PPS Excellent tune Ben never heard of Elsa's Song or Joey Batey & Madeleine Hyland thanks for the heads up.
    Last edited by OldMike; 10-02-20 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Adding PPS
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Suzi (10-02-20)

Right. I have done this already. I hit post but it didn't go. So this will be as close to what I typed as I can remember, but I might skip some of the intro. If you would like it explained, shout and I'll reply.

The Duck Song: Bryant Oden > Earworms > Would be hideous family members of Mealworms if they were genuine creatures > Takes me to "The meal's gone cold" from the song Pray by The Amazing Devil > As has been pointed out, Joey Batey is the male vocalist and the guitarist. He's also amazing, and ignoring me on Twitter... Not bitter, I just want the new album and the chords for some of their songs, nothing much >I found him through his portrayal of the bard Jaskier (being the Polish Buttercup) in the Netflix adaptation of Andrzej Sapkowski's books, The Witcher > His character spends the 2nd episode writing a song (amongst other things) regarding the titular Witcher's adventures during that episode (spoiler warning?) > Toss a Coin to Your Witcher...

I make no apologies.
    I hope you enjoy it as much (and as frequently) as I do.
    Part of me hopes you guys are able to sleep without your brain shouting "Toss a Coin to Your Witcher" at you, but I doubt it.

Enjoy!

Lots of love and affection and other such things,

Ben

PS. If you hate me now, I understand...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cbeast For This Useful Post:

OldMike (20-02-20)

I could never hate you - although you should have been asleep at 3am.......

Toss a Coin to Your Witcher > Songs from TV series > 2 pints of lager and a packet of crisps from 2 pints of lager and a packet of crisps > Will Mellor stared in 2 pints....

Will Mellor: No matter what I do

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

OldMike (20-02-20)

I love The Witcher (prefer the books over the series, except for Henry Cavill - yummmmm)
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.