Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Long time no see! :)

Just back from the neurologist again - nothing has gotten worse, bloods taken for genetic testing. Sooo, just have to wait and see, I guess. How is everyone?

T

At least nothing's worse, that has to be a positive. Glad you're getting genetic testing. They are fully exploring everything...

Things here are busy, soggy and windy! But I'm quite happy in my lockdown bubble! You?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Yes, not bad. Trying to keep busy, really - been writing and drawing and stuff like that. Started learning Python, which is a computer language, the crochet is of course on going, lol (not sure whether I mentioned that I do crochet). Thats about it though really. The neuro, I think, agrees with me that the condition I have is more likely to be HSP rather than dystonia, but Ive been tested for both as well as Parkinsons, so that should help (I hope so at least). Im going to be taking baclofen at some point, so we'll see how that goes (my GP is going to be administering the trial this time though, so I can get in touch with someone quickly if it all goes to pot). Given the deformity, I would have thought an operation to correct it might still be necessary, but we'll see how that goes, I guess.

Anyway! Im glad all is well, hon. Thankyou for your kind words, and I shall speak to you soon. Cheers.

T

Sounds like you have been doing well lovely. I didn't know you crocheted too! I love it. What things do you like making?

Hi Techie looks like things are going okay with you, if you want to know about crochet Suzi is our crochet expert
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Suzi (23-06-20)

Hey. Crochet, yes! Ive made a lot of drawstring bags, a few hats, a pair of gloves, a few pairs of socks, a scarf, a few shoulder bags and a lot of squares and rectangles. Mostly use single crochet, but I also use double crochet a bit for squares and stuff. I got into it a few years ago when I was bored and wanted to do something that improved my dexterity. Theres something very zen about it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Techie For This Useful Post:

OldMike (01-07-20)

I agree! I love it!
    How are you doing lovely?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Techie (01-07-20)

Yeah, pretty good all things considered. Waiting for my GP to start the Baclofen trial, but apart from that everything's peachy.

How are you?

T

Yeah, not too bad thanks love. Been better, been worse kind of thing!
    Any news on when the trial will start?

I have a lot of respect for anyone who can crochet. I tried it and got nowhere
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.