Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Long time no see! :)

I've always appealed Marc's decisions, even up to Tribunal.. Definitely appeal... However, you don't need an official diagnosis to get Pip....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hmm. Well, as I say - I may try again in the future. One does hear of cases when appeals work out, Ive just become cynical about it I think. Either way, its good to here that some people do get somewhere with it. x

Some people? The majority of folk are successful. In some areas over 75% of appeals are successful to always worth fighting. Definitely recommend getting help to complete the paperwork and support in assessment/tribunals.

The statistics are ridiculous, it's something like 60% of applicants will be turned down. On appeal something like 60% are then overturned and are successful...

Mmm, I wasnt aware that it was that high. Someone I know with dystonia has just appealed a decision - apparently it can be hard to get anywhere with dystonia and PIP because its not necessarily a constant condition. This close to my appointment with neurology though, I'm going to wait until I see them before trying again with it, I think. I hope all is well.

Did you not consider your MH with your application?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Exactly you need to consider all aspects of your health....

I did, yes. I put everything into it, mental health and physical. My physical health seemed to take precedence in their mind, however.

Hmm, next time get some help filling it in... You also have to say that if you did xyz the effect on you is abc... So for me I can walk x distance with my crutches, but I have to keep stopping and I will then have to rest for the rest of the day and the following day(s) would be affected too... Does that make sense?

She’s right - I’m pretty sure Suzi had to *coach* me on that .....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.