Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Long time no see! :)

Good to see you Techie I'm glad you're getting some answers.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Techie (16-04-21)

Hey!

OK, well, I crashed, lol. So, Im back on the double dose of prozac, which is ok - the honeymoon period when you think less medication working is a doozy when it catches up. Had a phone call appointment with physio yesterday - not as bizarre as it sounds, it was actually a bit helpful. Emailed me some exercises, so we'll see what happens. Going to email my neuro on Monday to see if hes got my MRI results back and then its straight on till June as far as I know.

Hope everyone is doing well, and thankyou for your kind words. T

Oh what happened with the crash? Well done for calling your Dr and getting the med increase sorted. Glad the call from the physio went well love. Are you eating and drinking properly? Getting out in the fresh air at all?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Techie (13-05-21)

for the crash...
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Techie (13-05-21)

I had that in the early days when my meds were reduced only to find I had relapse. Good on you for getting your meds increased Techie hope you get your MRI results soon.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Techie (13-05-21)

Hey.

Well, some things have happened. My MRI was clear, which is good, and Ive had some physio which made things worse, lol - havent been able to walk for 3 weeks. The physio rang today and I told them what happened, and they were ok about it without being apologetic, which I appreciated. Theyre going to write to my GP and make the letter available to my neurologist, so thats good. Im particularly pleased that they agreed with me that its pointless doing the physio if its just going to hurt and not get anywhere and that they put that in writing - I always expect people to be difficult, always have since my childhood. I almost want them to be difficult sometimes, need it to validate my own beliefs about myself and my identity, which kind of crystalized when I was in 6th form college in some ways. Ah well - have to get used to a new identity sometime, I guess. One thing I do have trouble with is now that Ive stopped drinking I still want the same things I wanted back then, but now the money isnt there to do it. Have to live with that, and its probably for the best, particularly given the ASD (I'm not sure how I would have become a lawyer when I have difficulty relating to people a lot of the time - maybe if I had known I could have done something about it, but then I would have worried about my memory which isnt great, all that case law to remember, lol). Whatever the case, Im not going to be getting 10 grand anytime soon, so its off the table. I'm more of a creative type anyway, really - started watercolour painting recently and it seems I have a bit of a talent for it.

Anyway!! I hope all is well, and I hope to be back here more often. Speak to you soon, guys.

T

It’s common for people with ASD to be creative and artistic so I guess that’s a positive aspect of it for you.

Ouch, I’m sorry physio didn’t help but am so relieved the physio has decided not to push things ....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Sorry that the phsyio didn't help, but I'm glad that they have seen that themselves too.
    My eldest has Aspergers and is currently studying law at uni lol However he also plays guitar as a creative outlet...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hey!

OK, well, lots been happening here regarding my health. Saw my neurologist last month, he's done another genetic blood test for me for SCA - Spino Cerebellar Ataxia. By his own admission, there is no sign of atrophy on my MRIs so its just to rule it out basically, and although my test for HSP came back negative SCA type 1 can mimic HSP. The diagnosis I have currently is spastic paraparesis, though the cause is currently unknown.

In the same breath, he announced that he is going back to Toronto to continue his training - suggesting that he isnt fully qualified! I know that everyone has to learn and all of that, it just sucks to be someone's practice dummy really. He said, rather doubtfully, that he's going to try and refer me to a colleague of his in Llandough hospital who runs a rehabilitation clinic. Got the letter yesterday and I have an appointment with her in September. What rehabilitation in this case means, I am not sure - I was referred to neurology by surgery to see if there was a neurological cause of the cavovarus deformity I have in my feet, but I havent been told whether the deformity has a neurological cause and this is five years later, lol. I will ask some very direct questions of my new neurologist, I think! Aside from all of that, I now need to have injections of b12 (theyre doing a loading dose at the moment meaning five injections, one every other day) and I will be having those at 3 monthly intervals.

Anyway! I hope everyone is doing well, and I shall speak to you soon. Love and light.

T x