Page 48 of 84 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: Checking in

Not great. Suzi, Si agrees with you that it’s withdrawal - which doesn’t make sense as I last dropped dose the beginning of last week. But the full body ache does feel like it. I was supposed to meet my friend today but I’ve cancelled. Si is off for a golf holiday tomorrow through to Sunday so I hope I recover quickly
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Mira
    But if its withdrawal then there is nothing you can do about it?

Thing is withdrawal doesn't only hit you as you do it, but the effects can come like waves after - think about it. You've been taking morphine for a while, although it's an instant thing it does stay in your system a while too....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

OldMike (13-11-19)

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Thing is withdrawal doesn't only hit you as you do it, but the effects can come like waves after - think about it. You've been taking morphine for a while, although it's an instant thing it does stay in your system a while too....
    I’m starting to get that now. I feel a bit better this afternoon so hopefully things will be better tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    But if its withdrawal then there is nothing you can do about it?
    Not a thing - just rest
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Mira
    I do hope that it will be a bit better tomorrow. For you ofcourse. But I guess Si is not happy going away when you feel this way?

Is Si still going away? Have you been resting?

Yes, he’s going away - I’ll be fine. Yes, I’ve been resting and am feeling better. And I’ve decided to delay my next reduction for another week

I know that's a tough decision to make, but I think it sounds like the most sensible one for now... I'm proud of you.

What'cha up to today?

Seeing a friend (and her puppy) later. I’m feeling better than I have, thankfully

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Yes, he’s going away - I’ll be fine. Yes, I’ve been resting and am feeling better. And I’ve decided to delay my next reduction for another week
    That sounds sensible.

Have fun with your friend and her puppy
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"