Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi there

Have you tried things like mindfulness? I know it seems a bit of a cliche and the latest buzz word in mental health, but I can't tell you how much I find it helps me with my pain and my husband with his anxiety and depression and our daughter with anxiety too. You can try it with body scanning and breathing to start with...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Deej92
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Have you tried things like mindfulness? I know it seems a bit of a cliche and the latest buzz word in mental health, but I can't tell you how much I find it helps me with my pain and my husband with his anxiety and depression and our daughter with anxiety too. You can try it with body scanning and breathing to start with...
    I've not tried it. Will have to give it a go.

Had a bit of a setback today as this guy my girlfriend used to speak to messaged her out of the blue for the first time in ages this morning.

Now the number was unsaved and there was no reply from her and she deleted the messaged and blocked the number and assured me she'd not messaged him, but I'm still worrying about it.

It's the second time this has happened as another guy messaged her a few months ago. Again the number was unsaved and she didn't reply.

Really need to try and stop worrying about it as it's eating me away inside.

Hello Dee and welcome. Does your girlfriend know you’ve seen those messages? How does she feel about that?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Have you spoken to her about how you are feeling about it?

Deej92
    Yeah I've spoken to her and told her how I feel about the messages. She showed me the message herself as it was sent at 7am in the morning when we'd just woke up.

She assured me that she'd not messaged the guy and then deleted the text and blocked his number. I told her that it puts me on edge and I dread the next time a message might be sent to her. I also proposed that she changed her number but she said she would not do that.

I'm still worrying about it now but all I can do is accept her word I guess.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Do you trust her?
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Deej92
    Yeah but I have my own insecurities if that makes sense.

If she's blocked and deleted the number then surely she's done all she can? Asking her to change her number seems extreme and I know how much inconvenience it would cause me to change mine!

darkgirl15
    Hi
    I have also done CBT and found it didnt go well and to be honest I also dont think it worked. Its made me feel worse as I feel like its my fault it hasnt worked. Im looking for someone to talk to as well so if you ever want to just pop a message over. Will admit im new to forums and although im 23 im not the best at using much technology
    Darkgirl15