Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thank you / serious help

Hi Andrea, I've added this to the end of your previous thread as it fits there better and as you have so many threads open all at once it's difficult to keep track of you and your journey. I'll be merging some of the other threads too, just so it makes it all make more sense.

Hope that you find peace and are able to find some more stable and happier life.
    Please always remember that I am always right. I have a framed certificate to prove it.

When in doubt, stop and think... WWSS? (What Would Suzi Say?)
    For more info please see
    THIS thread

Its not worth it anymore nom

Hello DWB
    I need everyone to answer and give thier experiences . What made you seek help? How bad did it get for you to seek help?
    I know i have said i am going to stop posting for the next couple of months . This is my last ever thread for the next couple of months.

I have decieded i am no longer going seek help for my unresovled mental issues. I realise the stigma is not worth it and i cant fight it .
    I am rich and previlleged enough to be protected from.the discrimination that comes

I am not going to seek for my unresovled mental health problem . It is difficult decision but this is the right one.
    I am not rich and prievielged enough to be protected from the discrimination that comes with the stigma of mental health.
    Its not worth it anymore.
    I dont want to worry anymore if i apply for a job and they ask for a health check . A woman lost a job offer for an airline because she suffered depression see the story of meghan cox and emiritas airline.
    I dont want to be a future target for discrinination by employers when applying for jobs espically in goverment jobs like the civil serivce.
    I lied to a dr in a gp appoinment how i have been sympton free for many months . So i can have a clean medical record. I want to be seen as normal and sane.
    I dont want to worry all my life about mental health discrimination.
    Our employment laws are weak espically the equality act 2010 , the employment tribunal system is broken.
    I will keep lying and smiling as the stigma thst comes with it is not worth anymore.
    Rich people when they talk about thier mental health they still have thier careers they lose nothing.
    People like me if we talk about our mental health we lose Jobs opportunities .
    Depression also effects insurance premiums , driving licences . Society does more to exclude people with mental health issues being active participants in society .
    I am sorry but i cant .
    I want a career, a husband and people not to see me as weak.
    This could kill me one day . The stigma is all too much. I dont want to deal with the humilation.
    I pretend i am fine though i am damging myself . The alternative is worse.
    Mental health in the UK is a two tier system. Those with money can have immediate access care and be able to live fulfiing lives. Those without will have fight to have care.
    I am too weak to kill myself but i want to die young ..i hope one day i do .
    I am sorry i am really i am.

Depression is a label that comes with discrimination. I want to people see Andrea not depression.
    Being black and woman already i deal with discrimination i dont want anymore. Double discrimination is sad enough but triple discrimination is just too much.
    Outside the walls of this fourum people see deprression as a weakness. Look at piers morgan comments on tv. Look at the term snowflakes. Sneering comments from family members regarding depression and certain friends beliving depression to be fake.
    I cant let this happen to me.
    I have an image maintain and we are going to maintain it.
    I am always seen as a strong woman who fights back .
    The stigma has won.

Andrea, I can't tell you how sad your posts make me. To see that you have no intention of getting help is sad and very concerning - as is lying to your Dr. My husband has been open about his mental health and it's not made a difference to his driving license or insurance.

The thing is, things are changing. With so many celebrities and general population being more open and honest about mental health issues the stigma is breaking down. I know you said that as a black woman that isn't the same for you and I've given you a long list of black celebs who have been open and honest about their mental health struggles. I'm sorry you feel that way, but I am going to formally ask you to not continue saying things such as you hope you die young....

If people don't stand up and be counted from all walks of life an agree that things have to change then things never will....
    Please always remember that I am always right. I have a framed certificate to prove it.

For more info please see
    THIS thread

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    There are a few things I want to address here.

Firstly, I get the impression that you see depression as something to be ashamed of. This isn't just about the stigma of others knowing, but you accept that stigma as fact. If you'd checked out the Megan Cox story properly, you would know that Emirates got away with that because they are based in Dubai and so follow UAE laws. In England and Wales, discrimination based on a health condition, be it mental or physical, is unlawful according to the Equality Act 2010. Yes, I realise it still relies on proof but doesn't the whole legal process?

Depression may affect insurance premiums but so do other medical issues. Insurance is based on a number of factors, if you live in a high crime area, you will pay more on car and home insurance as the probability of them needing to pay out is higher. If you have an illness that increases the likelihood of you claiming, you will pay more. If you have depression and take out a life insurance policy you will pay more as it increases the probability of them paying out. The lower the probability of you claiming the lower your premiums will be. Premiums are based on how much of a risk a person is and the likelihood of paying out. Depression increases that likelihood, as does Marfan syndrome, eye problems, various other illnesses.

Mental health only affects your ability to get a licence in certain circumstances. I didn't need to declare my mental health issues as they did not affect my ability to drive. In fact, I've just got home from a driving lesson. And if it may affect your ability to drive then you declare it and they will give you a medical. The same with a large list of illnesses. Research would have told you this.
    https://www.gov.uk/guidance/psychiat...ld-to-moderate

As for the other stuff, rich people may be able to afford immediate medical care but it doesn't make it any easier to reach out for help. If it did, why didn't Jesy Nelson from Little Mix reach out for help before attempting suicide? Why didn't Robin Williams, Chester Bennington or Chris Cornell? All had the money to afford top psychiatric care but didn't. Money doesn't suddenly make things better, it just gives them the ability to afford care quickly. Selma Blair has money yet it still took almost a decade to have MS diagnosed. She still ended up unable to get out of bed some days. Having money doesn't stop them being like any other human being on the planet in terms of dealing with illness. Yes, the system here is broken, there aren't enough staff to cope with the demand. That doesn't mean stop fighting. GPs can do a lot, counsellors can do a lot if you're willing to engage. Both are bound by confidentiality. Unless you give a GP permission to talk to your family, they aren't allowed to discuss your medical records with anyone but you. Counsellors only discuss what is said in the room if they believe you or people close to you are at risk of harm because of.your mental state. If they discuss things in supervision, names aren't used. There are support groups and charities. Treatment works better before the issue gets severe.

Piers Morgan is a dick, very few people listen to him. His comments about mental health quite rightly got jumped on. Also, the term snowflakes is generally used to describe people who get offended at everything, not those with depression. I've spent a lot of time on social media and see so much more support than negativity. This is helped by people being open and honest, by celebrities raising public awareness. I'm very open about my issues and not one friend has been negative, in fact all have talked about how strong I am.
    Tn prdu, jhami s rcbro

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Angie (19-09-19),Flo (20-09-19),magie06 (19-09-19),Strugglingmum (19-09-19),Suzi (19-09-19)

I completely and totally agree with everything Jaq has said as she's said everything I wanted to, but much better!

For more info please see
    THIS thread