Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well I guess it couldn't hurt

JustAnotherDude

Well I guess it couldn't hurt

Hi guys, I'm not really an online person =D. Actually this is my first post in a forum whatsoever but I don't know anymore where to turn to and I guess I am ready to try anything at this point. It may sound a bit silly but because of my online shyness I would really appreciate if someone were to post a comment with just a word or two of "Hey, I am here". Also really sorry that I didn't check but I must mention that I am not sure if I have a clinical depression so if this forum if only for people with diagnosed depression then I would try to not waste anybody's time.

ps: English is not my first language so please excuse any misspellings and typos.

Walker extraordinaire!
    Hi there. Lovely to see you. This is a good place to talk about how you are feeling. No one will judge you . Do you think you have depression? Have you been to see a doctor about how you Feel?
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

JustAnotherDude
    First thank you very much for the reply! Second, yes, am visiting a Psychologist right now 3 sessions till now. I don't know if you are ok listening to my story right now. It's a bit of a lengthy one but in general I have kinda lost all hope in life and can't motivate myself to do anything anymore than just exist.

Walker extraordinaire!
    That's a hard place to be in. A lot of us on here know how that feels.
    It's great that you are seeing someone and talking. That's a huge big positive step.
    A lot of people find it helps to share their story and get it out from rolling around in their head but only when you are ready and just what you feel comfortable sharing.

JustAnotherDude
    Well my problem with that is that I am too poor for therapy and whenever I share the things on my mind I feel like I am needlessly complaining to people with far bigger problems than mine.
    In general I am 26 years old. Live and study in a foreign country. I have less than probably 2 friends with which I can't really share what's bothering me (I have never in my life had a relationship, although I like to consider myself a normal guy) and am tired of bothering my parents with my mental health.

Walker extraordinaire!
    It doesn't matter the size of anyone else's problems, your problems are just as important if they are upsetting you and making you feel badly. Do you have a good relationship with your parents?

JustAnotherDude
    Yes and no
    Here is my story (I may have to add to it as time goes on).
    I was born and grew up in my country(E.Europe) in my primary school and secondary school years (till 18) I never really made any friends at school and had only four other kids I hung out with. I was bullied at my first school so I developed a bit of a detached attitude that later on really prevented me from making friends or girlfriends (I learned early that the only way to stop such people is to become the tough guy and fight back until they stop). Also till then I had 2 best friends from my first school who at least in my eyes turned on me or abandoned me(also another reason I became asocial and really distrustful of people).Meanwhile I had a kind of a weird relationship with my mom. I had learned she was cheating on my dad and had told her to stop but she kept on talking to her "friend" on the phone anyway, even in front of me. Then I left for university. I was till then a grade A student and all the smartest people in my class were going to study abroad so not knowing what to do with my life. I decided to follow one of these 4 friends to the city where he was studying. I was there for 3 year in which I kinda lost hope that I would graduate and also felt that the people in the country really didn't want me there and at one moment I had my grandpa die of cancer, me get expelled and my parents telling me they couldn't help me financially any longer (turns out my mom's wealth for her new company and her new shopping sprees were because of her new rich boyfriend) all within a month. I found a job in construction worked a bit and moved to a different country but now I again feel lost. I work a job I hate. I can't afford a decent home so I live in a shared flat. I am going no where with my studies because I can't motivate myself to study and because I am a poor foreigner feel like I will remain single forever. Ah, also since I moved here I started aggressively balding at the back of my head.

JustAnotherDude
    Ah I forgot in that period when my grandpa died my best friend (the one who I followed to university) slept with a girl I was interested in (I had just been rejected by my crush and found this girl) although I asked him not to if he was just interested in sex . I actually enjoyed spending time with her. Later I learned he also had my facebook password and hadn't told me.

JustAnotherDude
    Also I have had constant headaches and problems with my throat and ears for some time. I wake up really tired every day and can't concentrate. I have spent a lot of money on medicine and doctors but no effect. I don't want to eat and haven't slept properly in a long time.

Walker extraordinaire!
    I'm so sorry. Such a lot to go through at a young age. I know how it feels to be bullied at school and have no friends. Have you told all this to your doctor? If you cant eat or sleep you really need to share that with your doctor. Did you seek any grief counselling when you lost your grandfather?