Thread: Work Advice

Mazziecakes

Work Advice

Hello,

Please bare with me whilst I try and write down everything that’s happened over the last few months...

So recently I became a supervisor at work, all seemed well at first! Things were going okay! And now all of a sudden it’s like people just have no respect for me anymore!

I dont get listened to, people do whatever they want and I feel like I am being bullied by a select few! I approached my manager about this a couple of weeks ago and nothing was done, she ignored it! So I carried on as normal!
    But then something (which I won’t go into right now) came to light and my manager questioned as to why the situation wasn’t sorted by myself so I explained to her that no one listens to me and that quite frankly I’m feeling bullied which has caused me to start feeling depressed! I get incredibly anxious when I know I have to go into work!

She has now called a meeting with everyone for tomorrow (12th September) so she can discuss things with the team and wants me to tell everyone how I’m feeling, however I don’t feel comfortable telling people about my mental health! I am so scared about this meeting tomorrow because I don’t know if it’s going to fuel the fire and make things worse!

I went to the doctors yesterday and she has signed me off work from Monday for two weeks but I don’t know it I should take the sick leave because again I’m anxious about how people are going to react towards me! Im actually scared to give the sick note in

I guess I’m just looking for a bit of advice on what to do! Has anyone else been in this situation?

Thank you for reading this far!

Hi and welcome to DWD.
    Hunni, that's a horrible situation to be in and to be expected to tell the team how you are feeling sounds really like you are being put in a difficult position! If you've been signed off work then it is because your Dr doesn't think you are well enough to work. Do you think that having some time out might help you to work through things and each option you have?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Mazziecakes
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Hi and welcome to DWD.
    Hunni, that's a horrible situation to be in and to be expected to tell the team how you are feeling sounds really like you are being put in a difficult position! If you've been signed off work then it is because your Dr doesn't think you are well enough to work. Do you think that having some time out might help you to work through things and each option you have?
    Thank you for your reply!

I don’t know how my colleagues are going to feel about it and I’m sitting here just full of anxiety about tomorrow’s meeting! I don’t know what am going to say or how to handle things other people say to me!

I think it will help me to have the time off but I’ve been there 10 years and never really had an absence! So I’m pretty nervous about hanging in that sick note tomorrow!

You can just call in and say you have a sick note and then post it to them if you don't feel able to pass it over in person. Could that be an option?

Are you eating properly? Drinking sensibly? Getting any exercise? Do you have any other support around you?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hi and welcome. Forgive me if you’ve answered this elsewhere but what was the outcome?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.