Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Dating someone with depression and anxiety

Only you will know that... I don't know her or how she is. It could go one of 2 ways...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

hudson88
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Only you will know that... I don't know her or how she is. It could go one of 2 ways...
    Decided to hold fire for a bit
    Had my own first session with a therapist today to try and help me cope and WOW what an eye opener
    The former gf has also re engaged with me today albeit just a few texts but a step forward
    Just a confusion episode and suppose if I want to help her I have to expect the rollercoaster to continue

Therapy? In what way an eye opener?
    Glad she's texting - as long as that's what's healthy for you too.

Once she's on the right treatment (meds/therapy/etc) then things should level out more. My husband still has crappy days, but far more good ones and you have to remember those without a mental health diagnoses have good days and crap ones....

hudson88
    Therapy? In what way an eye opener?
    Glad she's texting - as long as that's what's healthy for you too.

Once she's on the right treatment (meds/therapy/etc) then things should level out more. My husband still has crappy days, but far more good ones and you have to remember those without a mental health diagnoses have good days and crap ones....
    Yes, i spoke to a therapist to try and understand her condition better and perhaps get an insight into whats going on, but the therapist also dug into myself and how i deal with matters and really opened my eyes about myself and how i deal and process things, i found out a lot about myself

im not sure her texting is really helping me to be honest, its tough because i obviously have my feelings burning away and desire to build a future and her rational at this stage is just be kind and hopefully fix herself with no consideration to a relationship - ive keep the texts light hearted and non pressuring and i suppose i can only see what if anything develops in time and continue to give her the space she desires

Are you going to carry on seeing the therapist? Something you found helpful?
    Don't sacrifice your own happiness though hunni...

hudson88
    Are you going to carry on seeing the therapist? Something you found helpful?
    Don't sacrifice your own happiness though hunni...
    Yes I am as I’m finding a lot out about myself and how I manage myself and conduct myself in relationship

It won’t be a quick fix I am going to have to work hard at it

I’m trying not too sacrifice myself I’m doing my own things living my own life and will take everyday as it comes now

She knows I love and care for her but the balls in her court if she comes back or not

Good for you lovely.

hudson88
    Good for you lovely.
    So another eventful weekend
    Everyday she’s texting my asking how I am and what I’m doing then opens up about other things that have gone on in her life that she cannot talk about but is going to seek help about
    I explain that’s a good step and that I’m here to help her
    She then goes on to explain that she doesn’t want a relationship with me and wants us to remain friends - this is the part I find really tough
    As much as I want to be there to help her through this I don’t think I can if all I can be is a friend and helping her recover for her to potentially take the new her to be with someone else is what’s killing me inside
    Do I remain friends in the hope for more?
    Do I push her in the hope she comes back?
    It’s really confusing and even more so as I promised if help her through this

Do you want to be friends?

hudson88
    Do you want to be friends?
    Yes I do but I also want to be her boyfriend again