Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Work conflict has brought my head to my knees.

PC93
    Hi - sorry not posted here since intial few and things not changed. Too scared too see a doc. Up times feel ok, but isolating myself at work to everyone and getting in and out and taking the pay cheque! Then stewing dreading work at weekends about going in. Can't afford to quit / time out of work. Dead ends.

Good to see you back... Do you know why you are scared to see a Dr?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Did you not have that appointment in September, then?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

PC93
    To answer your questions - No - I did not in September. I also just crippled scared to go / embarrased etc. I know easy to say just crack on and go but i'm struggling to brave up to go.

You have nothing to be embarrassed about. I promise you won't be the first, or sadly the last, person to see a dr about how you are feeling. Do you have a family member or friend who could go with you?

I know how that is, lovely, I ended up having my mum frogmarch me to the doctors (as an adult with 2 kids!) before I accepted help. But it was the best thing anyone ever did for me. Once you’ve taken that first step, it does get easier
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

PC93
    I have my girlfriend who lives not far away (and she is a nurse and trying to encourage) - although when with her i'm 100% it's purely going to work. All my family live hours away from where I do. I'm not interested in any tablets or anything like that i nearly have to be forced to take paracetamols when I've a headache.

Your doctor can Also help you access other treatments eg CBT, counselling etc

Thing is, if things are so bad that it's affecting your daily life then it does need dealing with. It doesn't have to be pills, but don't discount them. They make a massive difference for so many people.

PC93
    We've an online employee assistant thing which is like an online chat (private) and CBT online etc - would you reccomend or better in person?