Hi all,

For the past 6 months or so, I've been feeling very empty and worthless. I have significantly lost interest in my work, friends, hobbies and pursuing new things like relationships, personal development, etc. I still do all of these things because I have to, but if it were to all be taken away from me and I just sat in a room staring at 4 blank walls, I don't think I would really feel all too different. I guess I am incredibly apathetic towards everything. Some days are certainly better than others and I don't think I have it "as bad" as other people who suffer from severe depression and genuinely feel as though they simply CAN'T do any of the above. I can do it, I just don't care all that much for it.

I am moving to Canada (from United Kingdom) on Tuesday and I am so apathetic towards it. It hurts because this time last year it was all I could talk about to anyone.

This isn't to be confused with boredom. The feelings of disassociation from everything and everyone I once enjoyed aren't the product of boredom - I don't dislike these things, I just feel nothing towards them anymore.

From my own research, I've concluded that this is the product of a particular type of depression. Which is okay - I know people get through this illness as you would any other. But I would just like to know if anyone else out there has experienced this and what kind of things you've tried in order to return to your former self. Perhaps instilling a routine? A project or challenge? Anything. I am so sick of feeling like this and worried it may bleed into something worse.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this.

Kindest,
Rosie