Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: I Despise Myself *SU TRIGGERS *

Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    How are you doing Penguin?
    Just plodding along at the moment. There are things I want to do its just having the motivation and finances to get there. Ive decided in terms of the job, I'm mot going to bounce from one warehouse to another (they're all horrendous of anyone reading has ever worked in any).

If I'm going to spend time and investment to change my life around then its going to be something on what I want and want to enjoy. Thank you for asking.

As a side note, does anyone know how to upload a profile pic? I joined this anonymously as I didn't feel comfortable talking too openly but it feels a bit ridiculous having people address me as Penguin lol. I don't feel as embarrassed anymore and its thanks to everyone who's replied here.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    That sounds like a good plan

http://www.dealingwithdepression.co....rofile-picture

If you scroll down to Mike's reply on that it tells you step by step
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Suzi (11-09-19)

We don't have to call you Penguin, we can call you whatever you like lol
    What kind of thing are you looking for job wise?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    We don't have to call you Penguin, we can call you whatever you like lol
    What kind of thing are you looking for job wise?
    Just the first thing that popped into my head as since I was a kid I have always had a fascination with them, went to a Penguin sanctuary last year where you could feed them, pet them etc. was brilliant.

Certainly something to do with fitness/exercise/nutrition. The NHS run a department on obesity and diabetes which I already have a good foundation of knowledge on, the other would be the OU course about the psychological aspects of training. Its a degree that studies the biology, psychology and scientific aspects in relation to sports athletes.

So in essence I do actually know what I want to do its just a case of getting out of the situation I'm in at the moment as its just misery every day. I know degrees and education take time I don't expect anything to land in my lap but I'm finding it increasingly hard to deal with the here and the now, that's the biggest problem at the moment.

I'm not sure if you're aware but you don't need prior education to study with the OU and you would be able to get a part-time tuition fee loan if you haven't studied at degree level before or if you have but your second degree is in a certain science-based subject. I'm not sure when you were contemplating studying but registration for October courses ends tomorrow.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaquaia View Post
    I'm not sure if you're aware but you don't need prior education to study with the OU and you would be able to get a part-time tuition fee loan if you haven't studied at degree level before or if you have but your second degree is in a certain science-based subject. I'm not sure when you were contemplating studying but registration for October courses ends tomorrow.
    Yeah I did check that all out, no entry level requirements which was a nice surprise and I know you can fit it around your lifestyle/schedule which is great.

It just came back to the same old 'thinking' rather than just 'doing', entirely my own fault I've been nervous/scared of change my entire life. Its that thing of knowing you want to change, knowing what you have to do but lacking the motivation to get things rolling as you've been stuck in the same place for so long its become the norm.

I know exactly what you mean. I almost didn't apply for my course as I was terrified and full of what ifs... it took a lot of encouragement from my partner and the people here to actually go through with it.

I've found the great thing with level 1 is there is loads of help available and it gets you used to studying at university level. Plus, your grades don't count towards your final degree classification.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

I'd love to do my MA but can't work out what in!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I've got an MA and an MSc lined up. Need to decide what I want to do!