Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help acessing iapt nhs

AAndrea
    Jaquaia I looked in to their website . I looked on the website just now it actucally it says They say they allow referral in person or the phone .
    I am looking in to that.
    Thanks for telling me about the phone option.
    When I was diagnosed the gp just told me apply online.
    I know where they are located so I may try a person referral .
    I am dreading September . This is the first time I am not going to education. Education is all I ever knew
    My friends have jobs or are doing postgraduate study. I am very alone
    Everyone around me are so successful. People I went to school with have career and relationships.
    I am just 22 years old with no job or boyfriend .
    I apply for jobs but hear nothing even simple.retail jobs
    This is the age I am.supposed to be in a career , have a boyfriend and be more independent. I am.failing to be an adult it is so humiliating
    My family financially support me but it's so humiliating and I feel guilty . My mum being a single parent just makes worse.
    My family say they are of proud me but I feel like I hafe failed .
    I could not be happy at my own graduation

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Because 22 is young, that's why they say it. Life expectancy in the UK is around 80, 22 is barely a quarter of that. Why are you ashamed of being a graduate? Gaining a degree is a huge achievement. All you see of your friends and school friends lives is what they choose to show. The chances are that their lives are not as perfect as you imagine them to be. I'm 36 in a couple of months and am doing my second degree. I've never worked in a field relevant to my first degree. Until I met my partner, my relationships have been absolute car crashes, I won't be qualified to practise as a counsellor until I'm 40. That doesn't matter, what other people do with their life doesn't matter. What matters is what we do with out lives, that we're happy with our lives, and if we're not, what can we do to change it? Can you get careers advice from your uni? My unis have offered support past graduation
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

AAndrea
    I would like to Thank everyone for responding and I will keep everyone updated .
    I am going outside to enjoy the sun and tomorrow I am going Brighton with my family .
    Have a lovely day everyone .

Hunni, as a mother to a 21 year old, 22 seems very young to me!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

As someone who turned 50 this year, your life hasn't started at 22. Wrt what you want to do with your life, don't worry. I've only just discovered what I'm good at and now I love what I do. I volunteer, and I don't get paid for what I do, but I love it. It gives me more satisfaction than anything I've ever done in the past. It's even been suggested to me that I do a course so that I can get paid for what I do.
    You are very young to be thinking that your life is a failure. It really has hardly started. If you don't like your qualifications go back to college and do something else. Even if it takes another 4 years, you'll only be 26 when you finish.
    There are options out there, but unless you change something inside, nothing on the outside can.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

Paula (24-08-19),Suzi (24-08-19)

I went straight from GCSE's to A Levels to a 4 year Degree with Qualified Teacher Status. I worked through my NQT year and a couple of years after that and my husbands health was so bad I had to give up work to become his carer. Since then my own health has got worse and so now I'd struggle to do that...

There are so many options open to you! Did you not want to study anymore? What kind of jobs are you hoping for?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!