Thread: Help acessing iapt nhs

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    AAndrea

Help acessing iapt nhs

Hello everybody
    I hope everyone is doing well .
    In January A gp recomended me that i self refer with a service called iapt nhs which is a range of talking therapies.
    I live in Barnet and appiled to iapt branch in barnet.
    I made an application online but heard nothing for next 3 months. When i made the application on the websire just said my registration was successful.
    I asked why using thier email address . They said they called me and sent a letter to my house.
    I never receivrd these. I even specifed on the form i would like to contacted by email or sms messaging.
    The whole expericnce put me off accessing therapy althoughtrt on the nhs . I had to spend my final years of university using universoty conselling services and trying to understabd my diagnois . After january i had to deal with crying spells, struggling to keep up motivation abd depressive espidoes. My university conselling services where amazing but i only was allowed 6 sessions maximum.
    I manged to finish my degree and get good grades throught. Good things did happen to me.
    My gp pratice where i live is useless and getting an appointment is not flexiable at all. Where i live i have to phone at 8.30am and only get offered appoitments for what is avaible on tge day you called .
    I have not see not my gp in years . I dont even know who they are
    Any tips on how to access Iapt on the nhs.
    Share your expereinces of accessing mental health services
    Currentky i have no synptoms of depression but i am aware it will come back
    My depression is very weried i can months without symptoms but theb theybcome back
    Wheh my depression comes back i will go to therpay

Andrea
    Last edited by Suzi; 24-08-19 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Removing double spacing. Please don't double space!