Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello Everybody

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Seek treatment.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Straight to my GP. I recognized the symptoms so I sought help immediately.

Same as Jaq and Magie. Head straight to the GP to seek treatment. I have also asked a close friend to give me a nudge if they can see I’m not so good.

Absolutely agree straight to your GP.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

AAndrea
    Thanks everyone
    The hardest thing about having depression is accepting it and trying to understand it is nothing to be ashamed of. I have accepted the fact i will.have on/off bouts of depression throughout my life.
    I have to come terms with the fact I am not normal enough or weird enough I am just Andrea.
    I am just job hunting and trying to deal with post uni life.
    I am not enjoying life as a graduate .
    My friends all.got lives and every everything going for them. I have nothing going for me .
    My closet friend is going to Spain to work as an au pair , my other friends work or doing a masters degree.
    Recently I was diagnosed with severe anaemia. I am on iron tablets . The drs did not bring up my depression during a gp appointment so i was relieved. I was worrying for nothing .

Hi Andrea, if your depression returns see your doctor ASAP, when I was first hit by depression I didn't know what it is so I struggled on thinking it would pass but it didn't it just got worse now I can spot the signs if my depression worsens and do something about it and the docs is the first step.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    A depression diagnosis doesn't necessarily mean it will keep coming back. Medication and talking therapies can help and it's advised to stay on the medication for around 6 months after the symptoms stop. The longer it is left untreated, the higher the chance of relapse. The problem we have in this country is mental health services are grossly understaffed and underfunded so we need to keep fighting to get the help we need. There are other resources available though. See if there is a Recovery College in your area, self-refer to counselling to get on the waiting list, contact your local Mind, see what help they can offer.

Stop comparing your life to others. People show the aspects of their life that they want to be seen. It doesn't mean that their life is perfect. Can you contact the careers service at your uni and ask to talk about your options? A lot of universities offer support post-graduation.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Jaq is totally spot on in everything she says!

AAndrea

Unemployed and Lonely **SU Trigger**

Hello
    It's now September normally I would be going back to education but now I am an unemployed. When I was younger I thought I would have an amazing life with job I enjoyed and was capable of doing and in a relationship with a guy who really cares make.
    I always knew I want i wanted to do with my life When I graduated from University I was the One with a plan . I was wanted to into diplomatic service or the civil service and serve my country but brexit made me disillusioned with politics .
    I always know what to do next but now I don't for the first time in my life.
    Three years of university and now I am I unemployed and single.
    I don't want to be a lawyer either.
    I can't even get a simple retail job. I aplly for retail jobs and hear nothing .
    Despite having a family I am pretty much lonely . All my friends are doing post grad, working or travelling
    I am.22 but I am a.just a stupid little girl in an adult world.
    This is actually my life. Sometimes I wish i.was dead so I won't have to.deal.with this humiliation of not having a job.
    I know people have it harder than me.
    I will gone for a while but I will come back posting.

I've added a su trigger warning due to your content.

It's not something to be humiliated by not having a job... I'm not in paid employment, but it's far from a humiliation!

Have you spoken to anyone at a careers service?