Thread: New here. Need help please *TRIGGERS*

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ibby

New here. Need help please *TRIGGERS*

Hi everyone

Am looking for some advice. I think i have been depressed for over 20 years. I cant cope anymore.

To cut a long story short, i think i have been depressed for years. I used to gamble to escape. Then smoke weed, then drink now i take cocaine.

I have finally realised i have always been depressed and looking for ways to escape.

I dont want to carry on like this. My family is Asian so when i have said in the past i think im depressed they don't understand. They just say what have you got to be depressed about. I have an arranged marriage, which im not happy about either. I got married at 16, im now 40.

I hate my life. If im not at work, i spend the rest of the time in bed. I have no friends. I cant talk to anyone. I cant do this anymore. I went to the gp when i was about 20 and said i think im depressed. He referred me to the nurse for counselling. I went once,

Where do i go from here. Im going to ring mind in the morning. Do you think they can help me?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Jaquaia; 07-09-19 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Trigger warning added as per DWD procedure