Hi everyone.

I’ve been with my boyfriend now for almost 6 years, we have a house and a dog together. About a month ago he suddenly became totally withdrawn, not showing me any affection to the point I was concerned he wanted to leave.

After numerous breakdowns on my part, he finally came out with the fact that he has felt emotionless, tired and lethargic, but that he wanted to try and figure it all out. I’ve offered up the idea of visiting the GP very gently, but at the moment he wants to try and explore the problem himself.

I’ve really tried to be a support for him but find myself spiralling into a terrible state of insecurity and sadness. I’m conscious not to try and make this about me and to try and help him but I am truly struggling.

He has tried to reassure me many times that our relationship isn’t the problem but I keep returning to ‘try and fix it’ mode.... again, trying not to make it about me although my breakdowns probably don’t give that impression.

Any advice on how to firstly help my boyfriend and then secondly keep me in a healthy state would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks x