Page 93 of 134 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast

Thread: Picking up the pieces again *SU Trigger*

Not all treatments are suitable for all people and being in lockdown doesn't make things easier.

How much contact will you have with your CPN?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Are you still having suicidal thoughts?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Walker extraordinaire!
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Are you still having suicidal thoughts?
    I am. A is going to take more leave from work to be home with me for longer.
    The team only phone me twice a week now anyway as there is nothing they can do treatment wise. I actually think my CPN will be better as she listens to me and hears what I say. Most of the HTT don't make me feel listened to.They tell you to phone in if you're struggling but then it doesn't feel like they want to hear.... maybe it's just me being frustrated. I'm sure other patients find them wonderful. X
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

I'm so glad you're talking to A though this. Are you being totally honest with him about how you are feeling? Have you told him about your diagnosis yet?

I think that the current circumstances make everything more difficult, but if this isn't working for you then maybe you're right and talking to your CPN will be a good thing...

I know what you mean. I’ve contacted the crisis team a couple of times their “solutions” are laughable. Have been told to take a cold shower, flick elastic bands, and take my meds and sleep it off. Don’t know what I expect but it never feels like enough.

Walker extraordinaire!
    Psychology by phone this morning.... well that was different! Was actually good to her. Appointment for next week again. x

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Stella180 (01-04-20)

How are you feeling overall? Did you find somewhere quiet to have your appointment? How are things going with A?

Different good than?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Walker extraordinaire!
    like all important phone calls it was taken in the car. it's my go to for privacy and quietness.
    I spoke to my CPN today so I am back under her care which I'm happy about. We had a good chat and will talk to her again on Friday. A and I are good. I baked today and he drove me to a friend's home to drop off some banana bread and scones for her and her hubby. They are both self isolating so just wanted to take them something and had a quick chat through the window....at a distance. It was lovely to see their smiles and hear their voices.