Page 9 of 134 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Picking up the pieces again *SU Trigger*

Walker extraordinaire!
    I'm sorry. I know there are worse things in life and i should be grateful for the help. It just feels like something else to worry about. My head just seems to be in a negative place and I'm finding it hard to see the positives. I really am becoming more and more self absorbed.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    You are NOT the size of a blue whale!!!!

SM, I found mirtazapine was brilliant for helping me sleep. I didn't really have any weight gain from it, so it's not guaranteed that will happen. There are ways to tackle that though once you're stable
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Suzi (20-08-19)

EJ
    Dear SM. I have been taking mirtazapine for a very long time. Initially I suffered weight gain but gradually I lost it. I found that the sleepiness which occurs when you first start taking the drug more difficult to cope with. Mirtazapine can take up to six weeks to start working. I have found it to be the best anti depressant for me as once you start taking it it has fewer side effects than some of the others. I take it to augment the lithium that I am also taking.
    I hope you begin to feel better soon.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EJ For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (20-08-19),Suzi (20-08-19)

Quote Originally Posted by Strugglingmum View Post
    I'm sorry. I know there are worse things in life and i should be grateful for the help. It just feels like something else to worry about. My head just seems to be in a negative place and I'm finding it hard to see the positives. I really am becoming more and more self absorbed.
    Nothing to be sorry about. You aren't self absorbed at all! These are things that are concerning you and so the best thing is to talk and talk and talk.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Mirtazipine can increase your appetite (hence the weight gain) but that’s something you can control and do something about. Its not inevitable that you’ll put on weight. It’s completely normal, though, to worry about weight gain from meds - most of us do - so really, really not self absorbed. Ftr, mirtazapine really helped me while I was on it

Suzi, no blue whale references please!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (20-08-19)

Walker extraordinaire!
    Have had a poor day but I asked for help.
    I also napped this afternoon. Really struggling with my appetite at the moment.
    I'm actually really scared to start new medication, I don't even know why.
    I'm dreading bedtime and having to take a new medication. What is wrong with me... I feel like such a wuss at the moment. Sorry I'm turning into a whinge but at home I'm trying to keep the mask up and maintain an even keel. I know you guys don't recommend it but it helps me cope. I'm so thankful for an outlet here.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Not a wuss at all. New medication can be scary.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (20-08-19)

Quote Originally Posted by Strugglingmum View Post
    Have had a poor day but I asked for help.
    Sorry you've had a bad day, but I am so glad you asked for help! Who did you ask and did you get that help?
    I also napped this afternoon.
    I'm so glad you listened to your body and rested when you needed it.
    Really struggling with my appetite at the moment.
    As in too much or not enough?
    I'm actually really scared to start new medication, I don't even know why.
    I'm dreading bedtime and having to take a new medication.
    I think that anyone who has ever taken a new medication can totally relate to this fear - almost feels worst at nighttime too.... But you have to stay
    What is wrong with me... I feel like such a wuss at the moment. Sorry I'm turning into a whinge but at home I'm trying to keep the mask up and maintain an even keel. I know you guys don't recommend it but it helps me cope. I'm so thankful for an outlet here.
    There is nothing "wrong" with you - you are poorly. You aren't a wuss or a whinge at all.

Have you spoken to A honestly about how you are feeling?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Walker extraordinaire!
    A knows. I got help at the day centre from one of the tutors. It just helped to settle my brain a bit and ease the thoughts. I also called in at our church prayer clinic and spoke to the team there.
    I'm not eating well recently. I feel hungry but as soon as I start to eat I feel nauseated and full very quickly. Honestly finishing a small round of toast can be an achievement.
    Of course that might all resolve with the Mirtazipine!!!
    I'm going to take an early night and take my meds and get it over with. I think its just not knowing how it will affect me.
    Quetiapine at bedtime is to slow my brain down to help with sleep. I'm worried the 2 together will be too much and I'll sleep in. Even though I haven't been sleeping well I now have a worry of oversleeping. Honestly I know I sound mad as a box of frogs but my brain is in overdrive.

One step at a time. One night at a time. Even if you do sleep in tomorrow, that doesn’t mean you’re going to indefinitely - our bodies adjust to the meds. And everything will be ok even if you do have a later morning
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (20-08-19)