Page 83 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133 ... LastLast

Thread: Picking up the pieces again *SU Trigger*

I can't agree with the others enough. You are doing brilliantly lovely...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (23-01-20)

Hey hunny. Just sending a few hugs your way.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (24-01-20)

Walker extraordinaire!
    so last night I celebrated my birthday with my lovely family. I smiled and I laughed and I actually thought.... yip I want more of this.
    The anxiety and self doubt etc that it took me to get to that point however nearly ruined the night. I couldn't decide what to wear and I don't mean the usual female, I have nothing to wear, I mean actual unable to make a choice.... we went to our local, it really didn't matter but I felt if I made the wrong choice the whole night would be ruined. I ended up sobbing hysterically until my daughter picked something out of my wardrobe and told me to put it on. My head was telling me I was fat and ugly and my hair wasn't right etc etc etc. However after a glass of wine I loosened up a bit and my lovely family made me laugh and enjoy the meal and spending time with them.
    Today of course I'm berating myself for eating so much and feeling a failure for giving in to temptation and being greedy. Today I'm not wanting to eat etc. Still riding that roller coaster!!
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

Right, well I've seen your pics on FB and you looked stunning! You're really pretty and your hair is so awesome! Your family pics radiated laughter and love.

We all feel like that at times love, and I'm so glad your daughter helped you. Maybe you two could go out together and get her to help you to pick something to wear so you break it off before it gets to an anxiety issue?

You and your daughter having a really girly moment is just wonderful. Regardless of what it took to get you there, that must have felt like a lovely moment?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Mira
    To be honoust now I am curious what you look like But I do not have facebook. I do believe Suzi and what she said about how you look. Because I feel I am the same way you are with that. It is such a shame having those doubts and thoughts holding us back. From what I know about you from this place I can see you are a beautiful woman.

How are you doing now?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (29-01-20),Suzi (29-01-20)

What a lovely post, Mira.

Morning, gorgeous lady. How are you?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I agree with Paula, Mira that's a beautiful post. So lovely and so true.

Walker extraordinaire!
    Thank you so much Mira. You are always so kind to me.
    I'm not great on the whole photo thing but when I get a chance to fire up the laptop I'll try sharing a photo. I never manage it on my phone!!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Paula (29-01-20)

Walker extraordinaire!
    The last couple of weeks have been strange. At times I have felt that things may be improving slightly , yet others I have been in the depths of darkness.
    Through it all I have to say, regular swimming is helping me keep my head together.