Page 58 of 134 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast

Thread: Picking up the pieces again *SU Trigger*

Walker extraordinaire!
    Have had such a frustrating unproductive day.
    Felt tired when I got up. I ran my daughter to the bus, came home and washed dishes as our dishwasher is broken..... repair man next week. Did a few jobs then ran up to the town to collect my daughter and take her to get her braces on. Plan was to swim after that but I just couldn't muster up the will to go. Came home and have done nothing. Now I'm also struggling because I feel like I've wasted the day. I actually just want to get into bed and stay there. I cant seem to settle to anything, even eating properly. I just keep making a cup of coffee and lifting a biscuit. I normally eat really healthy, today its been crisps, hairdo, chocolate. Fed up with myself. I hate my weight yet I eat crap. Now I just want to sit and cry. I am all over the place.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

Mira
    We all have days like these. Sadly its a part of our issues. But this does not put all the other better days to waste. Its not ruining the days were we eat healthy and are active.

You did do something today. Some things for your daughter and the dishes. And some other Jobs. These are the moments I wish I was nearby. So I could give you a hug and say its all ok. You are ok

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (28-11-19)

Oh sweetheart . But I need to make it clear that you did everything today you needed to do for your well being. As that was obviously resting, you absolutely didn’t waste the day!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (28-11-19)

I'm sorry, but I assume you meant haribo not hairdo

Sweetheart you've been so busy and in and out as a taxi all hours I'm not surprised you're having a not-so-great day... Be kind to yourself. You've listened to your body and that's a positive.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (28-11-19)

Walker extraordinaire!
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    I'm sorry, but I assume you meant haribo not hairdo

Sweetheart you've been so busy and in and out as a taxi all hours I'm not surprised you're having a not-so-great day... Be kind to yourself. You've listened to your body and that's a positive.
    Lots of Haribo!! Gotta love autocorrect

Walker extraordinaire!
    I eventually settled enough to pick up my crochet which really helped to ease my agitation.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Paula (28-11-19)

Walker extraordinaire!
    morning all.
    Took my daughter to the bus and came back and got back into bed. I'm now up and have had brekkie but not much motivation to do much else. Anyone got a spare bucketload of motivation?
    I have plans to go to Belfast to Ikea today with my son but I'm not feeling it. Hopefully he has enough enthusiasm for both of us. I want to get a frame for a print I got my sister for Christmas. I love Ikea frames but right now B&M is looking good..... it's much closer!! lol

How you doing love? Did you hit Ikea (I've never been to Ikea) or did B+M do?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Mira
    What tends to happen a lot with me is that I hardly ever want to do something. But then when its going on its ok and even fun at times. And I am sure your son knows you and knows how to make sure you both have a fun time.

Sometimes it’s good to push ourselves, but sometimes it’s good to lower our expectations. How did the frame hunt go?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.