Page 55 of 134 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: Picking up the pieces again *SU Trigger*

Morning, sweetie
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (25-11-19)

I'm glad you're finding time to do some crochet, maybe crochet something for yourself as Suzi said.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (25-11-19)

Hi there. Leaving you some love and lots of hugs.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (25-11-19)

Walker extraordinaire!
    hi all.
    I had an early start with a psychology appointment at 9am. Then I went to the day centre and worked in the kitchen all day. Left there, went for a swim and I'm proud to say hit my target of 40 lengths.... that's 1km. I'm so pleased as when I started a few months ago I struggled to do 10 lengths and even that was with rests in between. Today I did 40 without stopping.
    picked my wee chick up and home and have tea on.
    I definitely have more energy since I started sleeping better..... it's trying to work out what to do with it. I was talking with my psychologist today about it and she has lots of ideas. She wants me to find a creative outlet that is just for me. As she said, it's great you have energy to do housework but you are not the type to be fulfilled by that, you need to have an idea of producing something fulfilling. I'm musing over a couple of ideas and trying not to feel overwhelmed.... baby steps.
    there's every possibility that tonight's creative venture will be the tree
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Suzi (25-11-19)

I know it’s been a long journey, but I’m really starting to see a change in your mood . Maybe the meds are starting to work? And well done on the swimming - that’s awesome!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (25-11-19)

Walker extraordinaire!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    I know it’s been a long journey, but I’m really starting to see a change in your mood . Maybe the meds are starting to work? And well done on the swimming - that’s awesome!
    I do hope so Paula. I still feel a bit flat which makes it hard when I've got extra energy, it comes out as agitation but I think talking it through with my psychologist has helped me understand it a bit better.

Mira
    Baby steps is a good idea. And how swell that you are sleeping better. (I think swell is an old fashioned word. I love old fashioned

And that is a lot of swimming. Good one.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (25-11-19)

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    You're doing brilliantly
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (25-11-19)

I'm so proud of you! Well done for talking things through with your psychologist. I'm really glad that they've helped you work through things..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Walker extraordinaire!
    So this evening as per norm Mr SM fell asleep. When he awoke i had Christmasified the house. .... I stopped short of putting the tree up.... well my daughter put one up on the landing. I have all the decorations up and garlands etc and..... I'm not calling him the Grinch but lets just say the disapproval is oozing from him..... seriously he's so grumpy you would think I sacrificed our firstborn!!!
    You know what.... it got me through the agitation of the evening, it made me smile to do it and it makes me smile when I look at them. My daughter and I giggled together at being naughty and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. You know how much it means to me to connect with her..... he can grump away!!! I told him.... it made me smile, my daughter spent time with me, if you can't get past your... no decorations in November rule, I really don't care. I am 47 yrs old, I joint own our house and if I want to put up a bit of tinsel to make me smile I'll damn well do it....... I may be looking someone to rehome me

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (26-11-19),OldMike (26-11-19),Suzi (25-11-19)