Page 51 of 134 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: Picking up the pieces again *SU Trigger*

Walker extraordinaire!
    I'm very stressed at the moment. My eldest is waiting to find out if he will be one of the staff to lose their jobs from his company. I've been having panic attacks with palpitations. I have a constant sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. I'm trying to be supportive and encouraging but I'm terrified, both of the fact of him losing his job but also the fact that I'm not coping with it all. I feel just a little out of control. There are very few job opportunities anywhere near us in his line of work. I'm trying to distract and keep busy but I didn't make it out to my floristry yesterday and only went out today to drop off an order and to the GP surgery to order my script.
    On the positive, my hubby works in the same company and his job is safe.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

no wonder you’re anxious. Are you using any of your coping mechanisms?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (21-11-19)

Walker extraordinaire!
    Yes I've been practicing my mindfulness and meditation, deep breathing etc
    Distracting with my crochet hook as ever although I'm finding it hard to enjoy it atm

Do you listen to a mindfulness app or something similar?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (21-11-19)

Mira
    When things like that happen its understandable that you feel that way. How is your eldest coping with it?

And its ok to be supportive and encouraging and be terrified. It can all exist together. And its not wrong or bad.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

Paula (21-11-19),Strugglingmum (21-11-19)

Walker extraordinaire!
    I have a CD that was made for me with my psychologist. We designed it specifically for my needs, reactions etc. It's very good and does help me ground etc.

Thank you Mira. He is very stressed worrying about having to sell his car to pay off the loan on it etc. and trying to find a new job doing what he is trained to do. I'm telling him it will all work out, we'll get thru it together, something will come up but we all know good jobs are very hard to find.

EJ
    I’m really sorry to hear this.

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Sorry to hear about your sons worrys about his job sweetie,
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

That is a worry. I'm glad you're using your coping strategies, but why not talk about it here before now? It helps to get it all out of your head.....

Crochet - are you making something you enjoy to make? When Marc was ill last I started what I call my stress blanket. It's really simple - just a big granny square, but made with odds and ends of yarn. So it takes very little concentration and I can just do it....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Walker extraordinaire!
    wet and windy here today. Ridiculously thete is not a single sentence in my head to say other than that.