Page 19 of 134 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Picking up the pieces again *SU Trigger*

Walker extraordinaire!
    Thank you all.
    Oh yes Paula, I got the low cal snacks..... it's the amount of them I eat
    I also bake when I stress.... then I eat it.
    Anyway, put my shoulders back today and going to try have a healthy eating day. One day at a time. Each choice by choice.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Paula (29-09-19),Suzi (29-09-19)

I've lost both mum and dad and sufficient time has passed and I often smile at the antics they got up to when they were younger, I've recounted this many a time when mum and dad went out under the cover of darkness with a wheelbarrow to "borrow" some rocks from a small triangle of woodland near where we live, needless to say there are no rocks there anymore, I wonder why
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (02-10-19)

EJ
    You are not whinging SM. I lost my Mum thirty one years ago and Dad in 2011. I can remember my Dad in the funny things he used to say. My Mum I remember through my music. It does take time and some things don’t heal although we do feel better about them eventually.
    As you might know I am on mirtazapine and initially I put on weight. I have managed to lose it again. Try to eat healthily. I wouldn’t worry about the weight gain but if it is really bothering you see your GP.

Mira
    Not once while reading your post it came across as whingy. The emotions and feelings you experience are real and this is something that most of us have or go through.

Thanks for sharing it with us and I hope you are ok

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

Paula (01-10-19),Strugglingmum (02-10-19),Suzi (01-10-19)

How are you doing lovely?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Walker extraordinaire!
    Hi all. Been a bit of a wobbly weekend etc but also busy, we were at a wedding yesterday so a long day and a busy day today. My own things plus delivering teenagers etc. Out again tonight but hoping for a less busy day tomorrow and a catch up. Anyway just wanted to let you know I'm still upright. Xx

What happened at the weekend to make it a wobbly one? Are you safe lovely?

Walker extraordinaire!
    Hi Suzi yes I'm ok.
    I think just mums anniversary got to me a bit and guilt over avoiding fathers birthday party etc. Got me a bit low. Monday and Tuesday are a blur they were so busy and a wedding flung in, yesterday had a list of things to do. Today I got up, took my daughter to the bus, came home and went back to bed. I didn't go to my craft group as I am just plain knackered. Also had to tidy round the house a bit....it is disgusting. I can't Hoover because my son is sleeping (night shifts) but at least I can see a bit of the work benches and floor!! We are getting a vague bit of Lorenzo so very windy and stormy.
    It's my daughter's formal tomorrow so another busy day for hairdressers, make up, photo shoot....and that's all before 4pm. she is wearing a sparkly sequin bodice and tulle skirt dress with killer sparkly heels.....she is going to freeze!!!
    I still have to cut her dress to length, get flowers and make a wrist corsage for her to give to her friend. But I can't do any of that til later. I am going to swim this afternoon and just chill for a while before I pick her up from college.
    Saw my CPN yesterday, she is not happy with how things are even with my new meds so is trying to get me a cancellation with my psychiatrist. He had said he would see me a few weeks into my new regime but its been 2 mths now and my appointment is the end of this month. Maybe get something soon.
    Hope everyone is well.

Why is your CPN not happy with your meds?

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Hope you get your appointment hunni x
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR