Page 121 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1333

Thread: Picking up the pieces again *SU Trigger*

Walker extraordinaire!
    I am trying not to let the stress in the house get to me but my anxiety is so high....and I keep trying to chant, not my issue, not my fault, I can't fix it, its not the end of the world.... but its hard.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

Want to talk about what all the stress is about?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Walker extraordinaire!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Want to talk about what all the stress is about?
    Thanks Paula.
    It's all a bunch of smaller stuff which added together just overwhelms me. I have 3 kids and they all have a stressful event this week or next week. They can manage, its 1 thing. Of course, I have picked up all 3 things and am stressing over all 3, plus my own low mood and worrying A is going to be in next round of redundancies etc etc.
    It all sounds silly and I know people have much worse stuff going on but I'm not coping well with it all.
    C girlfriend is coming for tea tonight, first time we will meet her... I need a clean house (which is overwhelming), a nice meal and a cheery, entertaining disposition.... my sister is coming too and that's a whole other bit of stress.
    I has her theory driving test tomorrow. She is struggling getting the time right on the hazard perception and is having regular meltdowns which I'm trying to soothe her from... she also has other wee things going on
    My Eldest D is going away with the TA next weekend for 2 weeks to complete his basic training and I'm stressing as he has been lazy (my word for too much gaming online in the middle of the night) and his fitness isn't as good as it could be. He is going to throw up for the first few days of PT.

You've got all of this.

1) Meal tonight - the house will be fine (as I assume it's better than mine and you can see the dining table and the floor isn't covered in dog hair)! Are you cooking or take away? Your sister? Can you get A to help with her if you need to?
    2) I will be amazing. All you can do is keep telling her to be calm and believe in herself and she can always retake it
    3) D will learn by his own mistakes... If he's big enough to do this, then he's big enough to deal with the consequences. I know it won't stop you worrying, but if he throws up then he throws up - he won't be alone going by the stories I've heard from my little brother a while ago!

Keep on with the mantra, you're doing amazingly. But even more than that, keep talking!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Walker extraordinaire!
    Most of my dining table is clear.... I have a German Shepherd.... everything we own is covered in dog hair... but th gf has 2 labs so I'm hoping dog hair is not an issue.... even if I hoover as she walked in the door... she would still be covered

ROFL, so you're in a better position than me with your table (I had it dropped on me yesterday by my mil that we are hosting a family BBQ on Sunday so I have a house to clean by then - but I'm on crutches!) but the same with dog hair lol

Thing is, she'll be much more nervous than you are! You're lovely, it'll be fabulous!

She’s not coming to eat off your floor, she’s coming to meet you! And you’re lovely, so it’ll go swimmingly Get a takeaway, eat it on your laps in the living room, you’ll all have a whale of a time!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Paula's right! Don't panic, I can't imagine anyone not feeling comfortable around you, you're really lovely!

Walker extraordinaire!
    Thanks Suzi and Paula..... and of course you are right. (Yes I know you always are )
    We had a lovely time. She is lovely and friendly and seemed to enjoy the family banter. She ate my cooking, She loves animals and our animals seemed to like her so that's a win in my book.
    My daughter even successfully competed a trial test tonight passing the hazard perception.
    Who ever you pray to, please say one for her for tomorrow and that I dont have a panic attack on the bus on the way to Belfast.

Thinking of you both today