Page 119 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1333

Thread: Picking up the pieces again *SU Trigger*

Walker extraordinaire!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Anything you want to talk about?
    Thanks Paula. I dont think there is much to say, I'm just getting on with things step by step. I'm setting a goal each day and trying to achieve it. It's going ok.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

You’re awesome
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

You sound flat love, are you OK?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Walker extraordinaire!
    I am still very flat but I'm trying

That’s all anyone can ask
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Then you're a warrior and still fighting. You are awesome.

Walker extraordinaire!
    I was just wondering if anyone keeps or has kept a goal diary or regularly writes down their daily goals? I don't just mean a 'to do' list but your actual goals for that day. I'm not sure if that makes sense at all but I would be interested to know how other people do it and decide on their goals.

I was encouraged to do you once but it had a negative impact on me. If I achieved my goals then they were too easy but if I didn’t I was a failure. I gave up in the end. I still set myself challenges regularly but only as and when I feel I need a push.

It depends what you're going to put on that list... If you make them realistic then I can't see it being too negative. I used to use something similar but for things like meditation/thai chi etc...

Walker extraordinaire!
    I'll try to explain a bit. If I set goals and it is just like a 'to do' list i get overwhelmed and then angry with myself when I dont complete it. Also if it's all task orientated then it's a chore. I've been told I need to set goals to try and give me a lift and find a bit of enjoyment but i also need to look after me and the household. So I've come up with a format that I'm hoping will work but would really welcome any advice, tips suggestions.

I have 3 sections.
    1. Personal goal..... I've been putting things like, go for a walk, have a shower and wash my hair, 30 mins yoga, facemask.

2. Would like to..... this is a few jobs I would like to get done that day but not a long list.... no more than 4 and that will depend on what they are. I put things like attend my zoom class, sew on buttons, phone or message my sister etc.

3. Need to..... this is something that has to be done like change litter tray, do the food shop, Hoover kitchen etc

I try to do the 'need to' early on before I get entrenched in anything else and then it's done. I also try to do the personal goal before lunchtime if I can before all my energy is gone.
    The 'would like to list' then is easier to work towards.

I do other jobs like laundry, cooking, everyday stuff that just gets done without too much thought but doesn't give me any sense of achievement... it just needs done.

I think I'm rambling but does anyone have any thoughts? Does this sound reasonable or that it might help? Should I be doing it differently?