Page 107 of 134 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1333

Thread: Picking up the pieces again *SU Trigger*

Walker extraordinaire!
    Yip. I forgot, I also did a zoom gardening class with the training centre I attend. They had provided seeds and trays etc to plant some salad leaves, spinach and spring onions. We are getting some sunflower seeds posted out to plant and see who can grow the tallest sunflower. It's just all a bit of fun and to keep us connected while the centre is shut. Next week a professional gardener from a National Trust garden is joining us to do a bit of a question time.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

That's such a cool idea! So much fun too!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Walker extraordinaire!
    Had a phone appointment with my psychologist yesterday. She wants me to go in on Thursday for a face to face appointment to do some trauma work as it is too distressing over the phone and she wants to have visual evidence of how I'm coping.
    Ideally we would leave trauma work for now but my flashbacks are quite bad at present so she wants to try. I have to go get blood tests tomorrow too.
    Went and did the shopping this morning. I cant believe how exhausted and washed out that it leaves me for the rest of the day. We are finally having some rain here.... right as A was nearly finished building a wall. Hoping for a dry spell to get it finished... only a few block left to lay.

What are you building?
    I think doing trauma work over the phone is just too hard... I'm glad you're going in and are talking about your flashbacks.

You’re dealing with a lot atm, it’s not surprising life is exhausting for you. Big hugs, sweetie
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

How did you sleep lovely?

Walker extraordinaire!
    I slept deeply last night, was totally exhausted. It has rained overnight here and it's a bit cooler.....thankfully. Taking my son to work and then going to get my bloods done. That's my morning filled. How did I use to fit so much into a day!!

I know exactly what you mean!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I'm hoping for rain - although Marc wants his Mum and her dogs over for a BBQ and play - it's so humid here!

Sounds like you've got quite enough to deal with for a day whilst you are trying to get you better!

Walker extraordinaire!
    Went for a walk this afternoon as the sun is out although there is a good breeze.
    I'm anxious about my face to face tomorrow and I know it's me that is putting myself under pressure to make sure it's worth it.
    They are only allowed face to face in exceptional circumstances so I feel like I have to make it worth my psychologist going to all the bother.... but what if I don't manage to achieve what she is hoping, I'll have wasted her effort and put her at risk from seeing me face to face. Which is ridiculous I know, she volunteers at the covid ICU offering a drop in talking space for staff so I know she is more at risk there.