Page 95 of 134 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast

Thread: Picking up the pieces again *SU Trigger*

That sounds like a good plan love...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Walker extraordinaire!
    Telephone appointment with my CPN today. All continuing as before. Went out and collected my prescriptions and got some bread and milk in. A got a phone call from work. He is being furloughed for 8 weeks.
    Keeping the crochet hook moving. Still feeling a bit agitated and out of sorts... but as my CPN reminded me, this is why you have some PRN diazepam to take when nothing else works. I always forget about having a meds option before I hit SH.
    Anyway Went out for a walk and got totally soaked in a hail shower. Typical. A onesie evening.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

Is A on the 80%?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

OOO I'd love to go for a walk and get caught in the rain!

I'm glad you have the meds if you need it lovely...

Walker extraordinaire!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Is A on the 80%?
    As far as I know that's the plan

I hope so. With the other support in place regarding rent and mortgages it should be enough to keep the afloat

Walker extraordinaire!
    psychology appointment by phone this morning. Still a bit strange but went well.
    Have a knit and natter group by zoom today. looking forward to seeing other people tbh.
    I used to play music with my daughter but haven't really at all since I took ill. Over the weekend we had a session. She played guitar, I was on the ukulele. I had lost all my confidence in my ability to play but by the end I was enjoying it and starting to remember things we used to play. She is determined to make me do it again soon.
    I have been crocheting little frontline bears for my nurse friends and posting them out. I have felt very useless recently that I can't work and be back nursing again and helping out where there is need. It has been getting me down even though I know deep down I can't do it. So this is my way to help. A bear, packet of love hearts and a card in a parcel through the post. Hopefully it will make someone smile and help them put their scrubs back on for another shift. Also, if I'm in the middle of a bear for someone, I can't let the suicidal thoughts win...... that would let them down. Just another strategy to get thru the worst times.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Stella180 (06-04-20)

What a lovely idea. I love the idea of the bears, the love hearts and the home made card. Well done.
    I've started knitting little nurses. I'll send them to my nieces who are working in the NHS and can't come home atm.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

Stella180 (06-04-20)

What a beautiful post!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

So many positives in that post! Well done love! I know nurse friends of mine would really appreciate something like that. Awesome idea.