Page 96 of 134 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast

Thread: Picking up the pieces again *SU Trigger*

Walker extraordinaire!
    Phone call with my CPN today. Did a bit out in the garden but also helped my daughter get the sewing machine up and running..... she is making teddy bears!! Did a bit of crochet , went walking, cooked and basically have bounced from 1 activity to the next and back again. A cut the grass and did some strimming.
    Oh and I stretched a canvass print of a huge stag onto its frame ready for hanging. Lots of little things but its got the day in.
    My sleep is a wee bit off again so just keeping note of it.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

How was your chat with the CPN?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Sorry, I don't know how I posted yesterday's reminders on your thread! I've moved all the posts to the right thread - Sorry!

Sounds like you've done loads of things! How's your mood doing lovely?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Walker extraordinaire!
    cpn chat was good. She listens and is very encouraging. my mood is still low and my thoughts are still racing. I think that is why I'm bouncing from 1 thing to another. distract distract distract. I am trying to engage in projects to support others at this time as it helps me fee useful. tonight I was crocheting bands to put buttons on for hooking mask elastics on to protect users ears. I've about 15 crochet and will sew the buttons on tomorrow/today.
    I've been really cross with myself for always being hungry and nibbling but realised today that it could be the increase in my risperidone. I forgot that it can increase your appetite. I'll keep an eye on it anyway. I have been carb craving since last week when it was increased. hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I hope that means you’re not cross with yourself any more?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

It sounds like you're trying to be kinder to yourself. That's awesome!

Walker extraordinaire!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    I hope that means you’re not cross with yourself any more?
    eeerrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmm. I could lie........ actually today I have been able to control my appetite better, although I didn't walk today to burn any off. I did my beginner yoga again. I am enjoying it, it really does help me slow down my brain a bit even just for a while

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

OldMike (11-04-20),Paula (09-04-20)

Glad you're finding yoga helpful!

Walker extraordinaire!
    so today I've been reminded why I started swimming for exercise (well one of the reasons) my hip is killing me from walking and running so much. only managed 3.5k today. However I did do my beginners yoga to help stretch out my muscles. I'm amazed at how 'in the moment ' I am able to be with yoga. I'm glad that I tried it..... Thank you lockdown for that.

A and I have decided on a project for us. We are going to buy a van and convert it to a small campervan . We have wanted a campervan for years but can't afford to buy one. Years ago A worked in van conversions so we are going to be brave and take one on as a project. We are looking for a decently priced van. A and my daughter will do the framework, insulation etc and I will be in charge of curtains, bedfoam and covers etc. A is getting expert in finding ways to distract me and keep me busy and focussed on good things. I truly am blessed with him. I don't want to let him down.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

OldMike (11-04-20)

The van sounds like a great project and best part of doing it yourself is you can build to your own specifications. Sounds really exciting.