Page 96 of 99 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 ... LastLast

Thread: Diary of a book addict

Oh hunni, I'm sorry it's so cr*p.. Can you try to suggest meal planning using what's in the freezer for a while? I know it's not your problem and all that...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Tried that and he moaned. I was doing that for a few months and he just complained that he might not want whatever we decided on on this day. He's complaining about his back too. Piling on 5st in a year after retiring won't be helping that as his body isn't used to it! I've also been volunteered to sort out an issue with the sofa. My brother suggested using online chat with DFS so save them money on the phone call and my dads taken it as a given that I'll do it.

I've come upstairs and I'm so tense and anxious I'm contemplating taking my propranolol. Trying listening to Andrea and Matteo to relax
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Wow.... have you thought of asking your brother to do it if he's suggesting it!
    You really do get the raw end of it all....

All tonight has achieved is to make me feel guilty for not contributing financially. Even given up on my essay today and I'm settled down with The Beautiful South and Terry Pratchett/Neil Gaiman

WRT the finances, you have two choices if you want to move forward, as I see it.

1. You accept that you do contribute a huge amount to the household - just because it’s not in money does not take away from all you do.

2. You start paying something, and stop beating yourself up with this
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Flo (02-11-19)

I was starting to accept that but it can be hafd when he goes on about how much they're going to struggle money wise

But hunni, that's not of your making. If they were employing someone to do even some of what you do then they'd really struggle! - cooking, cleaning, sorting meds, going to appointments, being a pa etc etc etc They all count as contributing to the household and have a value.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Flo (02-11-19),Jaquaia (02-11-19),OldMike (02-11-19)

Jaq have they any idea how much it would cost to pay someone to do what you're doing?? Cleaners around here are making upwards of £12 an hour! They don't cook, do the washing, get scripts or groceries either....or accompany people to appointments. You're a precious commodity! Hmmmm.....

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (02-11-19),OldMike (02-11-19),Suzi (02-11-19)

Well they can bugger off today. I'm shut in my bedroom working on my essay with Alexa playing the Connells. Tomorrow I will be shut in my bedroom working too. The essay and the collaborative bit for another assignment is my priority this weekend.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Paula (02-11-19),Suzi (02-11-19)

All done!!!! Essay is 52 words under the word limit and the process journal is 48 words over, so both within the 10%. Collaborative bit submitted!!!! Didn't think I would finish today!!!

Tomorrow will be trying to make room for a desk, printing out my essay to hand in and emailing a copy too, and doing some chapter reading while I try and catch up!

Bloody hard typing with both wrists splinted though...