Page 87 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast

Thread: Diary of a book addict

Maybe, I don’t know, but it’s time to take control and say that you are important and you deserve to be cherished
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Suzi (25-10-19)

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Sweetie it might be why you jumped so quick and its something I have done, but you deserve better and they also need to realise that you have a life aswell, they no your going to move out at some point and you cannot always just drop everything.
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Angie For This Useful Post:

Suzi (25-10-19)

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    It's always been the case. It's not the first time he's called me it and it probably won't be the last
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

There is no way that anyone should talk to you like that. You are a wonderful person who I am blessed to know... If he thinks that describes you then he's the one with a f*ing big problem and the sooner you are out the better - but I agree with Paula. J needs to see how much you need this too and needs to get his head out of the sand and make you the top of his priority list. Yes it's important that the kids know, and only right that he should tell them, BUT he needs a rocket up his arse to do anything!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (26-10-19)

I've told him that I would like them to at least know about me by Christmas but I don't know if it will happen. I wouldn't put it past her to tell them about me out of spite. I feel guilty pushing it but he keeps telling me to trust him where the children are concerned.

Christmas? Just to know? By Christmas I’d want to have met them a few times and have started talking to them about the future. At the very least
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I can't see it happening. He keeps saying about wanting to do things carefully where the children are concerned...

My mum has just been up to speak to me. She hadn't realised my dad called me a c*** and she's angry at him. She also thinks that I upset him pointing out just how poorly he speaks to her at times as he's been really quiet since.

I don't understand why he is dragging his heels so much with this. Their lives will only be for the better with you in it. I can't imagine how you are feeling....

I'm glad your Mum came and spoke to you lovely..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

He says because it needs doing right, that if I'm introduced to them gently it will be a lot better for everyone, and it needs to be the right time and to trust him. I told him that the longer he leaves telling them, the more chance there is of someone else mentioning me or her telling them out of spite.