Page 21 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: Diary of a book addict

Awww you're so sweet! I'm so pleased for you! You sound genuinely happy and "centred" itms?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    I am genuinely happy, for probably the first time in my life. I think I'm much more focused with him. He is so supportive of whatever I want to do and is always offering encouragement. He can manage my moods pretty well, I mean he's like a dog with a bone and will not leave me alone until I actually tell him what's wrong and then gets really smug when he finds out he guessed right! He can read me like a book and isn't afraid of telling me when my mood is concerning him. Sunday was pretty rough at times yet he just made me snuggle up on the sofa as he knew that was what I needed.

He doesn't want me caring for my mum once I move in either as he thinks caring like I am now and full time study, counselling qualifications and driving in and out of Hull several times a week with how my head can be, will be too much for me. I'm inclined to think he's right as I struggle now and I live in the same house!

I'm not used to someone looking after me and putting me first, but what I do know, no matter how my head can be, everything just feels right with the world when I'm with him. It all probably sounds really soppy but he makes me feel so, so loved.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

I'm glad he is helping you see what it's like to be loved.
    What is the plan for your Mum? Get SS to get carers in for her?

If I'm honest, she could probably do a bit more than she currently does. She has no active disease in her hands now, just some in her wrists. Her rheumatologist did ultrasounds yesterday. She has plenty of aids to protect her joints and there are plenty available. My dad is here, so he could do some of the things I do and my sister works part time, she could actually help.

One of my worries is Talia. I can't take her with me to J's as she hates cats and J has a cat...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Suzi (20-08-19)

I’m glad you’re not planning on caring for your mum. You’re moving forward with your life now and you need to focus on that. As you say, there are other options.

WRT Talia, I know you took her on as there was no other option at the time so how do you feel about not having her in your life? I was thinking maybe it would be best if you looked for a good rescue centre that would find a new home for her. I know it sounds tough but if you don’t think she’ll get the care she needs with your parents, it could be your best option. Or, I don’t even know if they do it, but could you see if a centre would look for a home while she’s still living with you, sort of as a foster, and then she might not need to go into kennels
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I would miss her but I'm not a dog person and she prefers my mum anyway. I can see me getting absolutely slated about not being able to take her too. I don't know what to do really. I'd probably be expected to put my life on hold by certain members of my family...

Hunni, you do know what to do, it just might mean some confrontation .....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I agree with Paula. Could your Mum really cope with her? What about when she messes during the night etc? I am a dog person, but I also know my own limitations and what would be fair on the dogs in my care etc....

I think you need to put YOU first and, quite frankly, f*ck what abyone else might think....

To be honest, I feel completely stuck. I only took her on as my mum wanted her as she was attached to her. My sister and b-i-l are talking about getting a dog but they won't want Talia. Anyway, it's not something I need to think about just yet as it will be a while before I move in. I will look at my options though.

She's at the vets for her boosters tomorrow. I also need to get them to investigate a lump...

Oh I'm sorry about the lump...