Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi

Hunni, you would do the same for her if roles were reversed. That’s what friendship is about
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Luuky
    I talked with my friend about that. She still want to support me, even when I complicate everything. I got my appointment scheduled. 9th August... I'm really scared/stressed. I've never been to a psychologist. Don't know how everything will happen. In the meantime I would like to thank you all for a warm welcome and kind words. I should have do it way earlier.

Well done, hunni, you’ve taken 2 big, important steps
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    It's not important that you think you should have done it earlier, what is important is that you've done it. Well done, taking that step is huge!
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Suzi (25-07-19)

That's brilliant! Well done! I'm so very proud of you! I know both of those things were really tough!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Well done. That conversation is a difficult one to start but you've done it. And you've made a very important appointment too. Try not to be too anxious about your appointment. The psychologist will lead your session and will take leads from the answers you give to their questions.
    Well done! You have two big positives for today.

Luuky
    Thank you, that's good to know. I'm afraid that my first session would be super awkward and uncomfortable. That the psychologist will expect of me to be I don't know... Someone else then I already am. I like questions so it shouldn't be that bad I think. I still have two weeks until the visit with I hope that this feeling of being anxious will pass.

The psychologist will want to be just exactly who you are . One thing you need to be aware of - the appointment will be tiring for you so it’s vital you give yourself time, afterwards, to rest and be kind to you

Paula's right. The first session will be a "who are you?" and what do you feel are your issues and where would you like to be wh them? Kind of session. It is exhausting so definitely schedule some time after.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Luuky
    Well... That's not an easy question to answer. At least for me. I'm afraid that I won't know the answers for most of her question. I'll try not to give up on that what will be also difficult because it started to become a really nasty habit for me.