Thread: New to reaching out!

Dew

New to reaching out!

Good morning everyone

Have woken up with the worst anxiety and have ended up cancelling most of work already , so to reach out to you guys took a lot of strength. I’ve been having a really rough year and decided a few weeks ago after feeling particularly bad to go to the doctors. I am now on sertraline (which hasn’t made any difference just yet) propananol and have been referrered to cbt.

I got this website from the mental health practitioner and was having a little read yesterday and thought I would share this morning seeing as I’ve woken up feeling like this .

Look forward to hearing from anyone xxx

Mira
    Good morning Dew. Nice to meet you. I know what you mean about having such anxiety. But you made a great step forward in seeking help. The meds take a time to take effect so stick with it.

This is a friendly caring place where its ok to be yourself. For me its one of the only places to share whats going on with me and how I am truly feeling. In a safe inviroment.

I hope that you will feel better during the day.

Hey Dew! Welcome to DWD! I'm so glad you've found your way here and that you have already seen your Dr. Meds take anything up to 8 weeks to get into your system.
    Are you eating and drinking properly and getting any exercise?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Hi and welcome! I was on propranolol and it really helped me deal with the physical symptoms, hopefully you will find that too.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Hi Dew and welcome . Well done for getting to your doctors - it’s a hugely important first step. And I’m so glad you’ve reached out to us - this really is a hugely welcoming community and support from people who understand where you’re coming from is massively important.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Hi and welcome. Please don't give up on the meds yet. They take a while to work, not like pain killers or antibiotics. Have a look around and looking forward to getting to know you better.

Hi Dew welcome to DWD, I'm sure you'll find this a very friendly and supportive community.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"