Thread: I'm new here, need to vent about things **SU**

Flavers

I'm new here, need to vent about things **SU**

Reason i'm posting this is because as a male, talking about my emotions is socially unacceptable (Which is BS) and so i've never spoken or told anyone about this stuff...
    Overall, I'm nothing. I don't like who i am and i don't think anyone else does either. I'm never going to make any impact in anyone's lives as I'm just boring, I'm average and worthless. I've never been someone's best friend or had a best friend and that's what normally hits me the most. I also have chronic lonlieness sp being lonley and cutting connections is normal but I just want to be able to be so close to someone, talk about life, have sleepovers, go to their house, trust them no matter what but it's never happened.
    When i was in year 7 (age 11-12) I tried to take my life, being lonley was too much, i'd hide in bathrooms through out lunch and break, cry every time. i tried to hang myself but i got too scared and so i stopped. Since i have social anxiety and autism i have never been to great at making friends and it did get to me ALOT. I'm also anorexic and so i hate myself even more.

If anyone else sees this and can relate. I'm here for you :) You are worth so much

Hi, Flavers, and welcome . I am so, so sorry you feel this way, and that you think of yourself like this. You’re right, talking about mental health is vital and, while I believe stigma is being broken down, we’re not there yet. But you will find that everyone here is friendly, non judgemental and willing to talk. Can I ask whether you’ve ever spoken to a medical professional? And how old are you, hunni?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Morning. Hi and welcome to DWD. Paula is right. You really are in the right place. We don't judge.
    My husband, son and one of my daughters have Aspergers, so I know how autism can have an impact. Have you thought about trying to find an autism or mental health support group?
    Do you have any support around you?
    Oh and btw, I haven't found anyone yet who is nothing....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hi Flavers, we are all unique, we all have special qualities and abilities, as Suzi says is there an autism group you could attend near you as that could help.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"