Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading atm?

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Quote Originally Posted by Jaquaia View Post
    I couldn't put it down. It's so poorly written but it was like when you see a car crash, I couldn't look away. It's actually nowhere near a truthful representation of that lifestyle.
    I think that's why erotic novels are popular. Guys like to be in control and have the woman submit to their every desire. (not going to happen) But with my character She is the one who is in command in the fantasy world sh is creating, and she is finding it difficult to gt out of. I was told i needed to spice things up a bit as my book is a bit bland.
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

There are much better erotic novels out there that deal with the subject of control and submission. E.L. James should have talked to people in the scene while researching (if she actually did any) this is more the story of a guy who had a horrible childhood, suffered incidences of abuse and carried that through to adulthood, the lead female character is weak with no personality and it's just a very poor book.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaquaia View Post
    I couldn't put it down. It's so poorly written but it was like when you see a car crash, I couldn't look away. It's actually nowhere near a truthful representation of that lifestyle.
    No, you're right it really isn't, but it is like a car crash....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I shall look into that Jaquaia. I do see your point about it being poorly written but i think the author was trying to get across how seedy the whole experience was. For m there seemed to b a lot of unnecessary grunting and spanking going on.

That's just it, it isn't seedy when done properly. I know a lot of people in that lifestyle and it is an erotic and enjoyable experience between two consenting adults. It isn't a case of the guy has all the power, scenes are negotiated and nothing is done that isn't agreed upon beforehand, and there is a hell of a lot of aftercare for the submissive. Nothing is done that isn't consented to. Yes, it might not be what is considered "normal" but there is a hell of a lot of love and respect around in the scene.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Suzi (18-08-16)

I am sure it is. I am rather conservative when it comes to that and i realized that when writing my character Rose. I want to portray her as a strong woman who is not a victim but Very much in control till her emotions over power her and she goes down the road of trying to get what sh wants I.E Richard her (fantasy) so far i have only read that book so i guess i will have to research it a bit more.

I was always taught to write what you know, and what you don't know needs a hell of a lot of research. Are there any strong female characters who inspire you?

Yes. Suzi stella, paula you and magie and Rose. my D.I.L Maxine.
    Last edited by purplefan; 18-08-16 at 03:21 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to purplefan For This Useful Post:

Paula (18-08-16)

Awwww purple!

Would you be able to borrow things from people's personalities to make her strong and build in the flaws that cause her to lose control?