Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading atm?

Hugo-agogo
    Yep, it's a great performance by Jack Nicholson. I must check out the book.

It's funny, but what you said reminded me of when I had Day of the Triffids (the movie) on tape, while I was still reading the book, and was itching to watch the film but couldn't until I'd finished the novel!

I liked Day of the Triffids. I read it as a book comparison for my english gcse with War of The Worlds, except it took me so long to read Triffids that I didn't have time to read War of the Worlds so had to blag the essay based on the film and Jeff Waynes musical version. I've read day of the triffids since and have also watched the film. But as you said, I would always finish the book before watching the film now. Though I have read books that films were based on having liked the film and realised they were based on books.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeppelin For This Useful Post:

Hugo-agogo
    I liked it too, and I've still got the book (and BBC tv series on DVD). I've read War of the Worlds as well. I can't remember which -maybe both- had these haunting scenes of empty cities. Did you blag it successfully? I remember Jeff Waynes musical version, as a friend of mine had it on vinyl, and I can still hum the theme! Yep, I wouldn't want a film to affect my imagination if I'm reading the book first.

One of the tracks from the Musical version of War of the Worlds is on my alltime favourites list

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarre View Post
    About to start this http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B..._co_p351_d6_i1 jsut downloaded it onto my kindle £2 is a bargin.
    The Name of the Wind: The Kingkiller Chonicle: Book 1 by Patrick Rothfuss

This has jsut been anounced they are looking into making a film trilogy and game and tv series, its Fantasy Fiction and its a different approach as it is a Bard recounting his better years in a narrative.
    I really enjoyed this one and the 2nd book in the series.

Just about to start John Grishams Rogue lawyer.
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

Finished reading One Flew Over the Cuckoos nest Friday last week. Picked up A Clockwork Orange to take to work Monday then put it back deciding I didn't want to read it and took For Whom The Bells Toll, that didn't read too well for me so am now reading Sweeny Todd instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo-agogo View Post
    I liked it too, and I've still got the book (and BBC tv series on DVD). I've read War of the Worlds as well. I can't remember which -maybe both- had these haunting scenes of empty cities. Did you blag it successfully? I remember Jeff Waynes musical version, as a friend of mine had it on vinyl, and I can still hum the theme! Yep, I wouldn't want a film to affect my imagination if I'm reading the book first.
    I did manage to blag it, though I can't remember what garde I got now, a B I think? I kinda grew up with the Jeff Wayne musical, my dad had it so we would hear it at home or in the car on the way to holiday and things like that.

All I seem to read these days is the local newspaper and The Reader's Digest.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Quote Originally Posted by OldMike View Post
    All I seem to read these days is the local newspaper and The Reader's Digest.
    Dose the readers digest still exist?
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.