Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading atm?

Paul begg Jack the ripper the facts. Very interesting trip into the Eastend of London in 1888.
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

john d
    I've just finished a brilliant book.
    The good luck of right now.by Matthew Quick.
    I highly recomend to any one reads

QPRFan
    Danubia by Simon Winter

Interesting way to write history of a region that changed a lot over the years. He also wrote a similar book, Germania about Germany.

Finished reading Pebble in the Sky by Isaac Asimov. I found the book form the quote “There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save.”. Sometimes when I'm bored I just google quotes by various people and I found that one.
    Don't know what I'm going to read next. I'd like to finish reading H P Lovecrafts Necronomicon but I tend to only read in my luch breaks at work and it is a pretty big hardback book that I don't really want to be lugging about in my bag every day.

I just finished reading the history of glue.
    I couldn't put it down.
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to purplefan For This Useful Post:

S deleted (25-10-15)

Knight of Spamswotting by Highest order of Chufty Badges Jarre's Avatar
    About to start this http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B..._co_p351_d6_i1 jsut downloaded it onto my kindle £2 is a bargin.
    The Name of the Wind: The Kingkiller Chonicle: Book 1 by Patrick Rothfuss

This has jsut been anounced they are looking into making a film trilogy and game and tv series, its Fantasy Fiction and its a different approach as it is a Bard recounting his better years in a narrative.

Am now reading One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest. I know of the book but don't know anything about the story at all (apart from the bit I've read so far). I got it from the hospital bookshop, the fact it's set in a mental hospital is what drew me to it.

Et je m'envole, vole, vole, vole, vole, vole. Que d'espérance.
    Revenge of the Jew by Vera Kryzhanovskaya, it has already made an impact on me.

Hugo-agogo
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin View Post
    Am now reading One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest. I know of the book but don't know anything about the story at all (apart from the bit I've read so far). I got it from the hospital bookshop, the fact it's set in a mental hospital is what drew me to it.
    I've not read the book but been a fan of the film since I first saw it as a kid and found it very powerful and moving. If the book's anything like as good it should be worth a read

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo-agogo View Post
    I've not read the book but been a fan of the film since I first saw it as a kid and found it very powerful and moving. If the book's anything like as good it should be worth a read
    I've not seen the film though I know it exists (Jack Nicholson isn't it?). I may well give it a watch once I've read the book. The rate I read books I've got a good few weeks reading to go though.