Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading atm?

Maxine loves James Herbet books. But im more of a Patricia cornwell fan.
    I love the rebus books also.
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    I've read it. I didn't love it as much as Harry, but I don't think I'll ever find that kind of thing again..
    It is quite sweary though..
    She spent so much of her life developing Harry, I don't think anyone would be capable of that twice in one life
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Damn you all! I now want to re-read Harry Potter but I have housework to do!

I signed up to something called bookbub. I get an email everyday which gives me discounts on books for kindle or free books. I must have downloaded about 200 books from it! Still can't beat an actual physical book though, I try to never leave the house without one.
    *note to self....don't read book threads!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Paula (25-03-15),S deleted (03-05-15)

Et je m'envole, vole, vole, vole, vole, vole. Que d'espérance.
    I read a part from Milan Kundrta's " The Apologizer", about the young man who was trying to be polite despite everything, especially rude comments. It's basically about daily life situations and it was a good read for me.

Hugo-agogo
    I'm still reading The Three Investigators! I found out I can just google a title followed by "pdf" and I've not been left wanting yet. Currently reading The Mystery of the Nervous Lion. There's about forty books in total and I must have read over half of them.

I really loved that radio show. I have been trying to find more episodes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo-agogo View Post
    I'm still reading The Three Investigators! I found out I can just google a title followed by "pdf" and I've not been left wanting yet. Currently reading The Mystery of the Nervous Lion. There's about forty books in total and I must have read over half of them.
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

Hugo-agogo
    There were only two audio adaptations at the time, The Mystery of the Stuttering Parrot, and The Secret of Terror Castle (my absolute all time favourite!) I wish they'd made more. But yep, if you want to read any of them you can google them.

I read Robinson Crusoe recently, a thoroughly disappointing dull book, how did that become a classic?
    Now re-reading Fight Club, I rarely re-read anything but felt the need to in this case first time I read it was some years ago now. The film is good but very watered down compared to the book.

'The Taming of the Queen' by Philippa Gregory.

I'm reading Pebble in the Sky by Isaac Asimov