Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading atm?

i used to enjoy fantasy but i've gone off it a lot. human stories about the everday and the mundane, or at least the real world do much more for me. i don't really have a favourite author though if i had to pick i'd probably choose Arundhati Roy for The God of Small Things or Richard Mattheson for I Am Legend. PHillip Pullman is also way up there.

Et je m'envole, vole, vole, vole, vole, vole. Que d'espérance.
    I'm fond of Stefan Zweig novels, I don't know why, but they relax me, despite of sad plots.

Hugo-agogo
    I'm reading The Three Investigators, The Mystery of the Flaming Footprints. Just finished The Mystery of Monster Mountain! Got both free pdfs I googled. They are really cosy to me, abit Scooby Doo, as I listened to and loved the two audio plays they did on cassette when I was a kid.

Hugo-agogo
    (The Secret of Terror Castle, and The Mystery of the Stuttering Parrot - both on youtube)

Bardot
    Had a massive break from reading when I was really I'll but just started reading again. Like Jodie Picolt Anita Shreeve also enjoy historical novels and crime.

I'm reading the complete Sherlock Holmes long stories, read A Study in Scarlet and approaching the end of The Sign of Four. May continue with this or switch to something else then come back to finish with The Valley of Fear and The Hound of the Baskervilles I've not decided yet. I've acquired a few books from the hospital book shop recently (where the vast majority of my books come from).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeppelin For This Useful Post:

Hugo-agogo
    Jupiter Jones, Sherlock Holmes

Bardot
    Just reread Rebecca great book.

Hugo-agogo
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin View Post
    I'm reading the complete Sherlock Holmes long stories, read A Study in Scarlet and approaching the end of The Sign of Four. May continue with this or switch to something else then come back to finish with The Valley of Fear and The Hound of the Baskervilles I've not decided yet. I've acquired a few books from the hospital book shop recently (where the vast majority of my books come from).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buE_jLEZrf4

Tallbloke40
    The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August, by Claire North. Imagine leading a normal life, albeit with a photographic memory. You are born, you go to school, you settle down and get a job, have a family, grow old and eventually pass away. You remember everything. Now imagine being born again in the same year as before, going to the same school, having the same family, only you can remember everything from the previous life you lived before. Would you do anything differently? How would it affect you?

Now imagine living the same life over and over fifteen times. That's what this nook is about. It's a voyage of discovery as Harry finds out who and what he is, what it means and the responsibilities that come with someone knowing exactly what's going to happen and when. It's very well written, very readable and difficult to put down after just one chapter! Very well worth reading.