Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading atm?

john d
    Here's one I read a few months back now but thought id mention it coz some members may find it interesting,I certainly did.
    Prozac Nation by Elizabeth Wurtzel
    A sad but sometimes funny true story

Finished reading Robin Hood by Roger Lancelyn Green last week, it really didn't do much for me to be honest. Started reading Lord Jim by Joseph Conrad this week, this one may take me a while to get through but so far so good.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. I've read it that many times that the pages are falling out and the title on the spine is unreadable, but I'm not able to focus on anything else at the moment!

john d
    I ve just read the first four(seven in total) of the "Thursday Next" series by Jasper fforde.
    Absolutley brilliant.kinda sc-fi/fantasy/crime thriller with lashings of humour that's damn right silly at times
    Having a break then on with the final 3

OMG I LOVE The Thursday Next series.

If you like them, you have to try his Shades of Grey afterwards. Clever and silly and delightful all at the same time.

ITWayne
    I enjoy fantasy, always have. At the moment for the second time I'm on Deadhouse Gates, book 2 of Malazan Book of the Fallen by Steven Erikson

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ITWayne For This Useful Post:

john d
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspasia View Post
    OMG I LOVE The Thursday Next series.

If you like them, you have to try his Shades of Grey afterwards. Clever and silly and delightful all at the same time.
    I read Shades of Grey first and loved it then delved into the Thursday Next saga.I just wish he would hurry up and get the next shades of grey out(2015/16 I think)
    The Nursery Crime books are good aswell,I've read The Big Over Easy,which is kind of a spin off/off shoot from the Thursday Next series.
    The man certainly has a good,amusing,bizzare imagination

I'm a huge fan of James Patterson Women's Murder Club series but I have to be in the right frame of mind to read or I end up reading the same page over and over cos I just can't concentrate

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Decider by Dick Francis
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

john d
    Funny Girl by Nick Hornby.
    Once again the man delivers another excellant book and I bought the book brand new in hardback which is a rare thing for me to do