Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading atm?

EJ
    I am reading Inferno by Dan Brown. Also The Paying Guests by Sarah Waters.

Bluebell
    I've been reading a load of grisly murder books at the moment. Probably not everyone's cup of tea but they are great thrillers and very absorbing. The last one I read was Want You Dead by Peter James. I also like books by Tess Gerritsen - I was lucky enough to meet her once and was so excited.

Study books :/
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

john d
    If you like grisly books BB then read The Wasp Factory by Iain Banks.
    That man had one hell of an imagination

Bluebell
    I've never read anything by Iain Banks actually. When he died I thought to myself that I really should read some of his books as so many people rave about him. Thanks for the recommendation - I'll give it a try.

john d
    That's exactly what I did when I heard of his death.he's now probaly in my top 5 of fave authors
    Its ironic I think that if you're creative be it music,art,literature etc that the best financial thing you can do is die.

Bluebell
    Yes it's terrible really isn't it!

I really enjoyed Iain Banks, Player of Games.

I'm reading a course textbook for my carpentry, a DIY book, an old book of gothic short stories, a sci fi serial with robots zombies etc and a book on Mindfulness. Depending on what mood I'm in.

john d
    Player of games is on my to read pile.not read any of his sf yet but looking forward to starting.for some reason I only read sf in the winter months

If anyone likes sci fi, or just really well written interesting fiction, I highly reccommend Neal Stephenson.. pretty much anything he has written.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Amaya For This Useful Post: